Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

E.C.S

Price Per Window
« on: May 17, 2017, 11:31:38 am »
I have been asked to quote a few commercial premises lately and have been working out the the jobs as "what I would want"

So two I didn't get even though apparently I was in the right ball park regarding price. I was annoyed but you win some you loose some.

I got asked to price a three story residential flat on Monday and decided to price the job at Price Per Window.

The job came out around £317 and I rounded it down to £300. The person in charge came back and said they currently pay £200 but want me because they see me across the road putting in a lot more effort than their current cleaner.

My question (even if I do go around the houses) is what do you guys charge Per Window on a commercial job?

I went in at £2.50p PW and I did that because I thought it would guarentee me the job as imo that's cheap.

Turns out the previous guy is cheaper! I don't know how people are quoting so low? The outlay in this game is not cheap!

Simon Trapani

Re: Price Per Window
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 11:46:31 am »
I tend to price Commercials (not shops necessarily) on time rather than per window.

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 01:25:34 pm »
I never get these posts.

Commercial windows can be huge. We do a school in london where the majority of the acoustic glazing panels are £15:00 each and some of the windows are £2:00.

Don't expect to be any further educated from this thread - I now know you charge £2:50 per window on a commercial job  you do but I haven't got a clue how much time those individual windows will take to clean. Pointless thread.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

E.C.S

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 01:38:39 pm »
Calm down Slacky

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 01:45:58 pm »
I'm fine mate. I just don't see why people ask 'how long is a piece of string' questions.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

E.C.S

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 02:10:05 pm »
Don't get me wrong you have a good point. But no ones asking you to be a keyboard warrior and be rude with your opinions. Do you talk to people like that face to face? It seems a lot of your post are blunt or rude.

If you wanted to be constructive you could have suggested I upload a photo - which I should have done.

jk999

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 02:12:32 pm »
If you think £200 is to cheap go in at £250 To  £275 Tell them reason their window cleaners not putting enough effort in because he's to cheap

E.C.S

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 02:42:29 pm »
If you think £200 is to cheap go in at £250 To  £275 Tell them reason their window cleaners not putting enough effort in because he's to cheap

Yea I get that, unfortunately they told me the price once I put mine in and not before.

Hopefully the maintenance company agree like the residents

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 03:04:13 pm »
I don't think I have ever priced a job on each individual windows cost and my work is all commercial.
As said to many variables to have a formula like window size, access ,height etc every job is different.

With commercial you will find customers willing to pay very well to have there buildings looking clean and some that want it done for next to nothing.The same with window cleaners some will do a job for peanuts just to say they clean commercial and others will charge very well for there service.

8weekly

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 03:12:34 pm »
Don't get me wrong you have a good point. But no ones asking you to be a keyboard warrior and be rude with your opinions. Do you talk to people like that face to face? It seems a lot of your post are blunt or rude.

If you wanted to be constructive you could have suggested I upload a photo - which I should have done.
Yes he does. 'e's 'orrible!

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 04:52:45 pm »
Iv stopped pricing by window , and price by time instead.
Still makes me laugh when I get people ringing me saying they've got 2 windows on the front and a door and when I get there it's 2 big bloody bay windows! 😂 ... ok that's £2 please

Tosh

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 07:55:48 pm »

I wasn’t being rude. I just don’t put smileys, suck it up buttercup.

Tosh

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 07:59:47 pm »
Still makes me laugh when I get people ringing me saying they've got 2 windows on the front and a door and when I get there it's 2 big bloody bay windows! 😂 ... ok that's £2 please

Exactly.

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 10:15:07 pm »
On bigger commercial jobs I think it's better to price on how long it's going to take , however some window cleaners are happy with £100 per day and charge this price so its impossible to compeat with that mentality , we also charge more for higher jobs as poles arnt cheap for high work and it takes far more skill to work at 60-80 feet and is a lot more tyering

Tony dunmall

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 10:28:59 pm »
I price by time, you get used to how long things take you

I have various types  of commercial, blocks flats, nursing homes and all the other add ons which is all subbed out, i often just give a day rate, you kinda get to know how long your subbies take, and if I'm unsure on some bigger stuff day rate seems to work out quite well,  for me and the client it's very transparent if it takes less they pay less, I'm normally sometime say out either way

it's true there's a lot charging very small prices now but sometime they last sometimes you get a call a year later

Simon Trapani

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 10:37:40 pm »

Exactly.

£1 a window on residentials was only ever meant as a very rough guide alongside a minimum charge and is probably a bit out of date now.

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 04:01:21 pm »
Yea I get that on residential. How much for 6  windows and a door?

I've no idea chicken.