Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

8weekly

How would you safely clean this glazed roof?
« on: May 08, 2017, 05:55:15 pm »
Any ideas?

Smudger

Re: How would you safely clean this glazed roof?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 05:59:25 pm »
spider lift - easy get the Hinowa 23 reach over that in any direction you like

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

8weekly

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 06:01:59 pm »

Darran
Would you do it that way?

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 08:51:27 pm »
It's hard to tell From the pics but it looks like it isn't "too" tall. Less than 2 storey from the height of the surrounding Windows. (Although it has been known for me to mis judge)

I'd be tempted to use a ladder stand off resting on the slates and wfp. You should be able to
Get the angle to clean the side nearest the house if you positioned it right.

Hard to say without knowing the exact height though, and it also wouldnt be a perfect job. It would be a panel only clean using a degreaser and then wfp. I wouldn't be overly concerned about any plastics and "fiddly bits". I'd explain this all to the customer first of course.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 09:11:02 pm »
When you first sent that on FB Steve I thought you meant the tile roof, that he wanted that cleaned.

If its just the glazed roof then in reality it could be done with a triple extending ladder with stand-off fitted to keep you away from the roof tiles and gain extra work-space. It would be fine on the lawn IMO, just explain to whatshisface that there’ll be a few divets in his grass. The two sides adjacent to the roof valley could be done standing in the valley, although you might need wellies if the water doesn’t run particularly effectively and you’re left standing in 3 inches of leaf grime.

Apart from that, it’s a cherry picker but you’ll bugger his lawn with a tracked one however, it’d be a lot more effective and enable far better access than working off a ladder.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

8weekly

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 09:28:10 pm »
Thanks Matt and Jonny. A stand off might give an acceptable angle. Never thought of that.

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 10:28:05 pm »
Check that theres adequate foot space in those valleys or those tile biscuits will cost a pretty penny to replace.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Og

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 10:49:29 pm »
Scaff tower.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 06:39:36 am »
No way I would ask anyone to clean that off a ladder!!! Safety first always. Mewp or scaffolding.  Price both and give pros and cons of each.

8weekly

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 06:43:57 am »
No way I would ask anyone to clean that off a ladder!!! Safety first always. Mewp or scaffolding.  Price both and give pros and cons of each.
I would do it. I wouldn't ask anyone else. That said, it would need a further visit anyway to price it so I'll have a better look with all options in mind when I'm passing later in the week.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 03:08:21 pm »

Darran

Yes - safest and quickest way

Mr concept - how's that hot box working ??? - very jealious you beat me to getting one!! Have you tried removed thermoplastic paint ( road markings ) with it yet ??

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

stevieg

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 08:16:54 am »
Ladder,with or without standoff on the "easier" side and a crawler on the "hidden" side!  By that i mean a crawler on the taller building adjacent and work off that to clean the "hidden" side. Of course you would have to climb up the crawler and then turn around to face the work.

concept

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 12:13:53 pm »

Darran

Yes - safest and quickest way

Mr concept - how's that hot box working ??? - very jealious you beat me to getting one!! Have you tried removed thermoplastic paint ( road markings ) with it yet ??

Darran

Sorry Daz, missed this post.

It's great, seriously. It paid for itself within 1 job, just need to get a bigger van as the sprinter is MWB, and it needs mounting, so will get a LWB shortly, and some chimneys.

Bell me if you need more info.

TomCrowther

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 01:20:27 pm »
No way should this be cleaned from a ladder, way too risky.  Turf is easy to fix, dead person, not so easy. Mewp all the way.

Dave Anderson

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 05:29:52 pm »
If the truth be told I would decline the job, too much faffing about for me but sure others would love it even if only just for the challenge.
The more I know the less I know I know ...

8weekly

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 05:39:40 pm »
If the truth be told I would decline the job, too much faffing about for me but sure others would love it even if only just for the challenge.
Problem is the house is a regular and pays well. Otherwise I'd agree.