Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Butler

Buffer tank for PW
« on: April 13, 2017, 10:05:19 am »
I've read through tons of threads relating to starting pressure washing but have a question about buffer tanks...
I understand why they are needed but why do people get wheelie bins!?? Wouldn't it be better buying a water tank that can be removed from the van??

cleaning4usussex

Re: Buffer tank for PW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 11:58:57 am »
A wheelie bin can still be moved with your pressure washer if your hoses don't reach around customers garden, i leave mine full of bits too like metal watering can, danger hoses sign and water feed pipes for pressure washer
Jamie

Matt.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 02:35:03 pm »
Its also about the foot print/ floor space it takes up.

Tbh I think it's quite a smart move, easy to fit an outlet at the bottom to feed pressure washer so no Strain on pump, only down side to it is 240L isn't really big enough for 20 lpm machine.

Don Simon

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 08:36:57 pm »
Using a wheelie bin looks amauture to me !
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 10:22:39 pm »
My buffer tank consisted of one black cheapo round bucket today. Half filled with tap water, toped up with 15% hypo  and a splash of cleaver wash. No washer required..Job done lol

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 11:49:14 pm »
Bought a wheelie bin on eBay for 35 quid, brand new

Put a tank connector in the bottom and various attachments so that the pipe has all the water pressure to aid the pump. Hole saw in the bottom, climb in it, tighten up and off you go :)

Ended up costing me 40 quid.. Might not look professional but i only have a citroen dispatch so an IBC is out of the question,

Tomorrows customer is 50ft away from where I can park, mobile buffer tanks the best way forward for this.

Don Simon

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 04:35:28 am »

Put a tank connector in the bottom and various attachments so that the pipe has all the water pressure to aid the pump. Hole saw in the bottom, climb in it, tighten up and off you go :)

Ended up costing me 40 quid.. Might not look professional but i only have a citroen dispatch so an IBC is out of the question,

Tomorrows customer is 50ft away from where I can park, mobile buffer tanks the best way forward for this.
A wheeli bin only hold 240 lts, surely you can get similar sized tank t in your van and have a 80m  Hose ?
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

simonr

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 07:25:45 am »

mark have you got any pics of the back of your van please, im looking at getting a dispatch next

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 08:01:48 am »
A wheelie bin also make an excelent storage and carry container for all The high pressure hose and lances.

Having a tank in the van not only mean you need a lot more high pressure hose but also extra hosepipe , plus you don't have to drag pipes through the House on terrace jobs or have trip hazards across paths
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smurf

Re: Buffer tank for PW New
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 11:25:51 am »

Myself I use a 210 ltr water butt as already had it knocking about spare.  As Mike has already mention I also keep the lances, pressure hose etc in it too. Unlike a wheelie bin it light so can be just thrown in a van on top of other gear if need be.

Regards to  access another option to consider is on a lot of hard surfaces you can get away with just using a hypo/soap mix (softwash method) without the need to set up/use a portable washer and buffer tank at all. This method is also ideal if say you don't want to blast crap everywhere,  blast dodgy mortar out of paving joints and/or damage the likes of natural stone pavers. Using hypo will also help kill any surface moss/lichen, remove green algae staining, black spot etc and you will also get same day results. If the custard wants to pay extra you could also offer as an add on a treatment of ddac afterwards for longevity.