Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

Re: Customer replies
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 02:05:53 pm »
I would have said on the phone being it was so far away something like Hmmm...if its self cleaning glass then you don't need me then. lol

jk999

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 03:58:40 pm »
£180 how big was conny

NWH

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 04:16:42 pm »
Some roofs take little time to do tbh I don't feel the need to go to over the top on price with them,I've said before in some cases I charge very little to do a few panes of glass on a roof it ain't worth the hassle I'm making enough on the house itself. I don't get into 1 offs on conservatorys cleaning house windows are easier and less hassle all round. 

8weekly

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 04:29:43 pm »
Some roofs take little time to do tbh I don't feel the need to go to over the top on price with them,I've said before in some cases I charge very little to do a few panes of glass on a roof it ain't worth the hassle I'm making enough on the house itself. I don't get into 1 offs on conservatorys cleaning house windows are easier and less hassle all round.
There's very few average sized ones that take under an hour unless done every clean. An average size green one is 90 minutes work I'd say.

jk999

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 05:41:46 pm »
I don't charge the earth to do them but I can do a complete conservatory roof in just over half hour unless access is bad .and before anyone says anything I don't do a poor job either it's all about having the right gear

Marc Stock

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2017, 05:46:47 pm »
I hate doing conservatory roofs. I would rather start up a conservatory demolition business, but I would be happy to do it for nothing so....

I will only do them if the customer is an exsiting regular customer, and I charge by the hour at £50.

To be honest even I am in agreement that  £360 for conservatory roof clean inside and out is a bit high especially if it's done in a morning. I would feel well and truly ripped off at that price.

In general to do a full inside and out clean for an average conservatory putting a price on it as a quote is hard. It takes me around 5 hours to do a fairly large glass conservatory to a perfect standard.  But I do not seek out the work as I hate it.

Shrek

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2017, 06:04:43 pm »
I don't charge the earth to do them but I can do a complete conservatory roof in just over half hour unless access is bad .and before anyone says anything I don't do a poor job either it's all about having the right gear

30 minutes wtf

Tosh

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2017, 06:22:26 pm »

30 minutes wtf

Who cares, he says he doesn’t do a proper job. Thats obvious, it takes all sorts. Some customers want a brush and rinse down, some want the full works and some want something in between.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 06:29:33 pm »
I gave a price of £65 for a small roof and the home owner turned round and said "Get out of my house!" He thought i was a con man  ;D I said its an hour job though! He wasn't happy. His roof is still dirty though.

NWH

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2017, 06:37:23 pm »
I would never do a conservatory unless it was on one of my particular jobs,it's time consuming awkward and makes me no more money than me walking round a house trouble free cleaning windows,I'll clean roofs on these jobs cos I don't want them getting someone else in that may say they'll clean the windows while they are there so to speak. Just seen a Thomas Sanderson advert an hour ago on TV they are offering an inside clean for free when purchasing the outside service.

Smurf

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2017, 06:48:13 pm »
I'm betting that so say pro  turns up and uses a pressure washer which takes 10 mins to do.
Works for me lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQvfK9MPWBY

jk999

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2017, 08:19:23 pm »
Slacky you hit the nail on the head you don't need to spend to long on a canny roof as long as it looks a lot better than it did before you started it never had a complaint yet