Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

WFP not removing paint etc
« on: February 14, 2017, 12:26:54 pm »
Hi Guys.

Right. What do you guys do if you go to a first time job and there is paint on glass or stickers/putty that wfp cant remove?

Don't you find this is one of the only downsides to wfp? As paint has to be scraped off the glass.

So you go to quote a first clean which will become a regular. Do you guys turn down the job OR bring a ladder and trad necessary windows and wfp thereafter?

Had a job today(nightmare) had old sash windows and had to clean them 3 times before they looked ok. Any advice on best brush for these windows? The manager was moaning about some paint on the glass but luckily when I quoted I said the wfp methods will not remove paint or stickers/putty etc

Dry Clean

Re: WFP not removing paint etc
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 01:51:26 pm »
Removing putty stickers paint and so on is a builders clean and will more than likely need ladder work, personally I
avoid jobs like that.
If your already on a ladder then just trad them after removing what needs to be removed and then wfp them on the next clean.
Price accordingly.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 02:03:24 pm »
I always tell the custy about paint...silicone..etc...If they want me to get the ladder out to scrape then I will.....

At a cost of course ;)

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 02:19:31 pm »
Do you just love some people as they expect you to do a builders clean without paying for it. lol

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 09:52:22 am »
I agree guys. I always ask on a one off clean if paint,egg,putty or stickers need to be removed as can't be done without a ladder and like you guys said if a ladder is required I will charge :)

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 06:32:27 pm »
i avoid unless i can reach the windows safely from a ladder.the price goes up too.if its just the odd window though  ill do them for no extra charge sometimes(depending on the customer).

i clean a big  house(with large sash windows!)that was covered in silicon,paint,etc on the first visit.i told him i couldnt do it as it was too dangerous off ladders and every window needed scraping.he CLEANED THEM HIMSELF(retired builder!)and then took me on using wfp for regular cleans. ;D
price higher/work harder!