Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fieldsy

@LWC
« on: December 14, 2016, 11:44:19 pm »
Hi mate,

I managed to get the belt drive off with a set of bearing pullers.

Now if you or anyone know how I can attach this cog to this shaft I'd be a happy bunny :). The cog has the same spindle shape and dimensions. The spindle is 7mm x 8mm across with a flat along its length.

I've just purchased the cog from petrol scooters and having a scout on youtube it looks like its just a compression fit, the bolt is purely there in the event it falls/slides off, which it shouldn't if its on tight ;) . Will let you know if it works :)

http://www.petrolscooter.co.uk/sprocket-drive-11-teeth-electric-scooter-6mm.html
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol

Spruce

Re: @LWC
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 07:00:49 am »
It looks like it has a different shaft to the geared motor. The geared motor appears to have a nut to hold the gear in place. A nut will need a thread which this motor doesn't have.

You may even find that the shaft is of larger diamt as well as the gear need to butt up against a 'vertical' surface when the nut is tightened to remain true.

I would put the gear back and return to motor for the correct one provided you haven't damaged it of course.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 01:10:18 pm »
That is a pressed on pully wheel shaft not a bolt on sprocket shaft which are totally different.
To be honest I would not bother to mess about with it myself. But after saying that I might be tempted maybe to have a play and make the very first belt drive hose reel instead  ;D

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 04:56:29 pm »
That is a pressed on pully wheel shaft not a bolt on sprocket shaft which are totally different.
To be honest I would not bother to mess about with it myself. But after saying that I might be tempted maybe to have a play and make the very first belt drive hose reel instead  ;D

Did you look for a belt driven large pulley Smurf?  Then you would have problems with the belt size as you really need an idler to adjust the slack.

A chain can be shortened by removing links.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Fieldsy

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 04:58:09 pm »
Thanks for the input from you both. If all else fails and the shaft happens to be the same diameter as the cog, then I'll get it welded on by a m8 of mine :)

I'm assuming this spindle uses the cog and nut method, but hard to tell if there is a vertical plate to hold the cog in place.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZY1016-Electric-24-Volt-200-Watt-MOTOR-Unite-Brand-2500-RPM-Bare-Shaft-Spindle-/190795916599

I like to now how things work so pulled it to bits anyway....lol, and have asked ebay seller for a refund, if he don't want it back then all good, if he does.....I'll be jumping up and down on a belt drive to get it back on the spindle  ;)

Hopefully, all be here by the weekend and will let you know

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 05:03:20 pm »

Did you look for a belt driven large pulley Smurf?  Then you would have problems with the belt size as you really need an idler to adjust the slack.

A chain can be shortened by removing links.

No I did not spruce as a belt drive I can't see it working that well to be honest.

Fieldsy

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 03:18:00 pm »
Got the cog today, its definitely a compression fit. Fitted it on and hammered it on via a piece of wood, just got to put the circlip back on, and jobs a good'un

LWC

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 09:31:27 pm »
Brill mate, i havent resolved the 4 belt ones yet...so far theyve offered me a £5 refund...for a £92 order  ::)roll then for me to send another £15 and theyd send the right motors???!!! Im going to report them, they havent got a clue what they are doing.

Although i could do this to the 1 i have spare...