Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re: Lovely lovely warm water!
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2016, 09:36:40 pm »
Good point.

Dave Willis

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2016, 11:16:05 am »
I guess though, as the water is never stagnant, it's used every day there shouldn't be a problem. I don't think the bath water gets infected. A static ibc could be worse if heated and left for long periods. .......... fingers crossed!

steven ainger

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2016, 11:24:05 am »
But the van tank is never completely  emptied, a certain percentage of the water will be reheated daily.
I dont know anything about legionaries disease, but it could be an issue ??

AuRavelling79

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2016, 03:56:05 pm »
But the van tank is never completely  emptied, a certain percentage of the water will be reheated daily.
I dont know anything about legionaries disease, but it could be an issue ??

Same with an immersion in a little old lady's home. Maybe uses very little hot water - a tank is say 200L and even with a  bath or shower twice a week a lot of that water will take time to get used up and may cool and be reheated.
It's a game of three halves!

Smurf

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2016, 04:07:06 pm »
Apparently setting the temp to 65c kills off any bugs in an immersion tank. Anything below that temp then yes legionaries disease is a possibility.

Here is an interesting artical for wfp users http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/blog/Legionnaires/

AuRavelling79

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2016, 04:34:28 pm »
Apparently setting the temp to 65c kills off any bugs in an immersion tank. Anything below that temp then yes legionaries disease is a possibility.

Here is an interesting artical for wfp users http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/blog/Legionnaires/

Good point.

andyM

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2016, 05:19:57 pm »
The two things that Legionella bacteria need to grow and reproduce are:
a water temperature of 20-45C (68-113F)
impurities in the water that the bacteria can use for food – such as rust, algae and limescale

So with using pure water you should be alright, no?
One of the Plebs

Chris Stott

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2016, 01:38:17 pm »
Minus six this morning but my tank was full to the brim with thirty three degrees of pure water. I'm loving this immersion game.
Warm water all day, constant warmth no poxy boiler tripping out, no gas to turn on and off and no worries of an explosion 100yds around the back of a house whilst an unattended boiler fires away! Should have done it years ago.  ;D

What immersion heater are people using please , thank you in advance

AuRavelling79

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2016, 04:26:14 pm »
I used a 3kw element one from tool station or screw fix. The sort that goes into a household immersion tank.

Dave66

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2016, 10:05:50 pm »
Is it just lowered in and turned on? Simple as that?  ;D
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2016, 11:12:43 pm »

No!

A hole is cut low down in the tank and it is inserted into that.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2016, 09:59:46 pm »

No!

So you literally cut a hole in the top of the tank and lower the probe into the water? 
But, when I get home from work in the evening my 650lt tank in the back of my van has probably 300lt left . I then set it to fill over night  but if I put the immersion heater into the tank it will be just heating air before the pure water reaches a level that the probe will be submerged (or am I completely missing something?
Also, Pure water is a lot more corrosive to metal so is it really safe putting a metal immersion heater in it?
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Smurf

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2016, 10:36:03 pm »
This may help to uderstand how to fit one to a tank https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxrgYEurE3A

AuRavelling79

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2016, 09:08:26 am »

No!

So you literally cut a hole in the top of the tank and lower the probe into the water? 

No. Wasn't that clear from my post?

But, when I get home from work in the evening my 650lt tank in the back of my van has probably 300lt left . I then set it to fill over night  but if I put the immersion heater into the tank it will be just heating air before the pure water reaches a level that the probe will be submerged (or am I completely missing something?

You are. Don't, whatever you do do the above! The element will blow.

Also, Pure water is a lot more corrosive to metal so is it really safe putting a metal immersion heater in it?

No, pure water is NOT more corrosive to metal. My immersion has been in place over four years now.