Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GAZZA B

Sky Vac
« on: August 01, 2016, 05:12:38 pm »
I Just won't to say a big thank you to Sky Vac today for making my job so much easier did a big school today all gutters cleaned fantastic job no problems  Wow

Gazza

Smurf

Re: Sky Vac
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 05:22:48 pm »
I'm sure they would also like to thank you for the silly amount of money you paid for it if you bought the commercial vac set up  ;D ;D

Nick Day

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 05:31:16 pm »
I think if people knew the trade prices for all these vacuums and the prices that are charged for the systems they would be shocked!!

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 03:40:41 pm »
I have a prity good ide of the suppliers mark up and like you say is quite shocking how much people are willing to pay for stuff.

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 03:42:57 pm »
I think if people knew the trade prices for all these vacuums and the prices that are charged for the systems they would be shocked!!

I think if smurfs customers knew how much profit he was making... They would be shocked! same goes for everything, from vacs to poles to brushes to most equipment, everyone's Gotta make a profit

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 03:52:41 pm »

I think if smurfs customers knew how much profit he was making... They would be shocked! same goes for everything, from vacs to poles to brushes to most equipment, everyone's Gotta make a profit

Very true  ;D ;D

Nick Day

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 04:34:16 pm »
That's the reason we actually make our carbon fibre poles to keep the cost of our systems down. We enquired to China and were horrified at the prices!! It would cost us more per pole to buy from China than we charge our customers!! And we can guarantee 100% carbon fibre.

GAZZA B

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 05:14:46 pm »
can I just say, people our always negative, when I was looking for a vac, i know i could of made one myself for half the money however the price I get for cleaning one school paid for all the equipment  and when I price for any gutter cleaning I now double the price win win 

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 06:36:50 pm »
Sorry Gazz I was just having a bit of a play and I'm sure they are well worth it in terms of the extra income that can be generated for you.

Still to me they are well overpriced for what they are...Sucker (that was a play on words by the way and no offence was intended)    ;D ;D

GAZZA B

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 06:44:02 pm »
I will say this , I didn't think the vacs could be any good but when I did the first job I just could not believe how good they are and save so much time

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 06:47:47 pm »
Is that the first vac you have ever used then? Also out of interest which skyvac did you buy?

Nick Day

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 08:12:51 pm »

All gutter cleaning kits do the same job, some manufacturers have developed tools to really help in awkward situations, and then there are some manufacturers who engage in the ancient art of extracting money from people gullible enough to pay ridiculous sums of money for a kit that is no better than any others.

Shrek

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 08:14:50 pm »

All gutter cleaning kits do the same job, some manufacturers have developed tools to really help in awkward situations, and then there are some manufacturers who engage in the ancient art of extracting money from people gullible enough to pay ridiculous sums of money for a kit that is no better than any others.

Abit like smurf

Nick Day

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 12:42:59 pm »
Just out of interest does your Sky Vac do the same as the one in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBy8CHr15Es ? Specifically the bit between 10 and 40 seconds where the silicon radiator bend closes up preventing any muck going through. Do all the silicon radiator bends do this?

Shrek

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 01:02:06 pm »
Just out of interest does your Sky Vac do the same as the one in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBy8CHr15Es ? Specifically the bit between 10 and 40 seconds where the silicon radiator bend closes up preventing any muck going through. Do all the silicon radiator bends do this?

My silicone bend is quite hard , it's difficult to even squeeze it out of shape. never had this problem, I don't think it's the bend that's stopping the suction, it's because that piece of muck is too big to fit through the nozzle

Nick Day

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 01:13:34 pm »
The silicon is crushing in on itself which in turn is cutting off the suction, we have managed this morning to do the same with a piece of silicon we had laying around the factory with a 1250 watt machine. Believe it or not I have known us on jobs suck weeds through the head that even we couldn't believe (the same size as that one!!)

mufcglen

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 03:21:29 pm »
i keep contemplating a gutter vac as i say to myself every time im hanging off a ladder which i only use for the gutters now but i dont understand how you can get the nozzle into some of the gaps as i find it hard enough some times when the tiles or gutters have been poorly fitted or dropped and theres not much room to get into and how do you clear the downpipe elbows too, do they fit down them?

Nick Day

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 04:36:26 pm »
We actually make an extra thin head for those types of gutters, it's the same thickness as a man's fingers so if you can get your fingers in then this will fit. The downpipe fork usually takes care of weeds in downpipes in the vac hasn't managed to lift it out. We actually clean gutters so we've developed our tools over time whilst doing jobs.