Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark m

Gardiners Backpack
« on: July 30, 2016, 04:35:13 pm »
I have the old style Backpack my hose has split at one end it is slightly larger hopefully you can see in picture ,does anybody know where I can a new bit from please

Smurf

Re: Gardiners Backpack
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 05:12:42 pm »
Just cut it back where it has split and put it back on surely  ???
If it has an insert just cut that out of the bit you cut off. Then use a heat gun to soften the hose up and put it back. Job done!

Or just contact alex to see if they still carry any spares and if so replace it.

mark m

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 05:45:03 pm »
I wish it was that easy smurf  it is moulded at one end and cant be cut off heated nothing I need new one

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 05:55:08 pm »
Can't you do away with that connection altogether and fit a hose directly to the outlet of the pump as that thing was put on for sprayers so is not intended use for wfp work. I'm sure with your diy skills you could have it up and running in no time.

It also makes me chuckle that alex charges extra for a sprayer too as after all that's all they are a blooming backpack sprayer modified for wfp  ;D ;D

jk999

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 07:36:49 pm »
Its not moulded its a little round ball in the end of pipe mine did same i cut ball out cut bad piece out put pipe in red hot water and re inserted it back into pipe

mark m

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 07:40:09 pm »
Just had a better look and cut it open as I had nothing to lose and yes it is a little ball