Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Exceed Tubeless conversion
« on: June 15, 2016, 07:34:47 am »
I've noticed this mentioned a few times and I had a brief look at the video explaining. Looks interesting.

In practical terms what are the advantages? Are there any disadvantages?

If you have done this conversion how long have you had it and is it trouble free?

It's a game of three halves!

tlwcs

Re: Exceed Tubeless conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 07:49:30 am »
I've noticed this mentioned a few times and I had a brief look at the video explaining. Looks interesting.

If you have done this conversion how long have you had it and is it trouble free?

Trouble free from the off
No water to leak in the van from the pole hose.
Connectors last months
Convert all poles
The blue hose is so good I just use 100mtr of that
as good as the univalve idea.

All that said its from Steve and is almost nearly right. The last pole I converted the bung did not fit the v3 extreme
I had to make a mod. (will post a picture)
Do it, its a great way to work.
Tony

tlwcs

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 07:52:45 am »

John guest plastic pipe insert. Wicks b&q pack of 5
Washer glued on top. Motor factors. Still needs a wrap of tape but far better than the  square bungs supplied
Tony

Soupy

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 08:38:40 am »
Advantage - tidier.

Disadvantage - if you need to repair the no1 section of your pole cutting a bit off its going to make the repair either more difficult or impossible (a replacement section would sort it). The reason being the bottom of the top section would no longer reach the bottom of the pole. Much like the issue the poster in the other thread is having because of the extension.

tlwcs

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 08:46:45 am »
Advantage - tidier.

Disadvantage - if you need to repair the no1 section of your pole cutting a bit off its going to make the repair either more difficult or impossible (a replacement section would sort it). The reason being the bottom of the top section would no longer reach the bottom of the pole. Much like the issue the poster in the other thread is having because of the extension.

That used to be the case. Now a sleeve is supplied to go over no1 section that creates the space needed. A couple of wraps of tape on no1 also has the same effect 
I appreciate its not for everyone
Tony

Tony dunmall

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 09:15:53 am »
The same no problems from the start

I've converted  8 ploles
Five my friends all converted there's too

I run 70 meters of the blue exceed on an electric reel

Once you work out how to fit it works fine like everything fest time assembling is a trail an error need to snag this a little

I would say if you change gooseneck or brushes a lot some have fitted inline job guest to make this easier as it can be awkward

But no issues know for months

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 12:29:12 pm »

Connectors last months
Convert all poles

All that said its from Steve and is almost nearly right. The last pole I converted the bung did not fit the v3 extreme
Tony
+ if you so wish ( as I do ) you only need buy and carry one pole and easily add or remove sections as required. This was by far the biggest advantage for me in financial terms as a sole trader and meant I need only buy one pole of a better quality than say 3 of different lengths.

JackieW

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 05:33:10 pm »
I don't leave my poles on the van overnight.

Having converted to Exceed Innovation tubeless I can carry the poles easily from van to house and vice versa without having to carry pole hose too.

Storage of the poles in the van is much easier, quicker and neater too.

Put it this way;

If water fed poles had always been 'tubeless', why would you want to change over to having a couple of metres of  pole hose
sticking out of every pole.

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 05:36:20 pm »

Connectors last months
Convert all poles

Tony
+ if you so wish ( as I do ) you only need buy and carry one pole and easily add or remove sections as required. This was by far the biggest advantage for me in financial terms as a sole trader and meant I need only buy one pole of a better quality than say 3 of different lengths.

Barry, so if I wanted to add say 4 extra sections are you saying it can be done without cutting the extra sections down or without the ejector sleeve  & pole hose sticking out of the end of the pole without the extra sections fitted?

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 06:28:29 pm »
Smurf.
I can only comment on my experience.
I have only one pole, a supermax 40 ( don't think they do that one any more ).
I use it with 3 sections removed as an everyday pole - effectively its an slx 25.
Rather than use Stephens spacer , I wrapped a tape stop to the same depth at the top of the number 1 section so when collapsed it does not protrude from the base as you mention. Adding the remaining 3 sections was a doddle with no further modification needed. In the last 2 weeks I have bought a 9 th section from a friend to give me another 5 ft of reach. This was too long and found myself with same issue as in the other thread. That is the only section I have had to cut 2 "s off at the base and replace its end cap for it to work perfectly. This I assume is what you were referring to as a hindrance. Had I have bought the section brand new I may indeed have been a bit miffed at having to take such drastic measures as to take a hacksaw blade to it but for the advantages and versatility its provided me would probably have still done it. I'm only guessing but maybe Stephen has come up with an easy fix just like the spacer - maybe a longer version of the ejector sleeve ?
I think the real issue here is that people buy extra add on sections for their existing poles and then without modification the tubeless kit will not work. However if you were to have say a 40 to 50 ft pole to begin with ( as I did ) and wanted to add/remove sections it would be less of a hindrance straight out of the box.

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Exceed Tubeless conversion New
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 07:31:31 pm »
Agree with JackieW
I purchased some tube bungs off eBay to fit the no.1 section of my SL-X.  Drilled a 9 mm hole in one and fitted it into the bottom of the section. That keeps the hose and connector centered where it exits the bottom of the top section. I made my own hose stay by cutting a small oblong section out of the side of a two inch plastic pipe I had spare in my shed, and drilling a 7.5 mm hole in it to push the hose through at the top. I don't know if it would work on all necks but it does on the Gardiner Q-loq ones. I find the Exceed one slips a bit when using a Univalve, maybe because it exits the neck at 45 deg and not 90 like some others. But with a slightly smaller hole my DIY stay doesn't.

You can use whatever connector you like, JG or Rectus. I favour the Rectus due to the water-stop feature when disconnected.