Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H20cleaning

Been asked to quote PIC
« on: May 10, 2016, 03:37:09 pm »
I was asked to quote a pattern concrete driveway that's in relatively good condition.
It's a light brown one, and gets sealed every year.

When I quoted the job I could see that previous sealer was starting to come away (almost looked like skin peeling off sunburn)

How would you recommend cleaning and sealing this? I would Assume I would need to strip the old sealer?

Thanks

Smurf

Re: Been asked to quote PIC
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 04:28:32 pm »
I found this vid quite interesting http://www.smartseal.co.uk/help-advice/step-by-step-video-guides.htm
as goes into a bit of deatil further on in the vid about flaking sealer. Also might be best to send them some pics for futher advice on the best solution to be used to deal with the issue. 

Personally I don't get involved in pic cleaning and restoration. Also some jobs after looking at the vid seems a lot more hassle than they or worth. Not to mention my knees are nackered for kneeling down as you would need to for cutting in/repairing surfaces etc so would not want the agro health wise either.

Quote wise I would never give a price on a job not knowing what was needed chem/materials cost wise as is a sure fire way to end up out of pocket.

H20cleaning

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 04:54:31 pm »
Cheers smurf I wasn't asking for a quote or anything I just wondered if there was a sealer you could put I top wich  would kist melt into the old one.

Like I say the drive is in good condition just looks asif it needs a coat of sealer again as its starting to look dull in places were old stuff is coming off

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 05:21:36 pm »
Sorry I was under the impression that you had already priced the job up as it read that way.

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 06:36:45 pm »
Ring me and I'll explain as I can't be asked to type it all out