Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Campbell

Floor cleaner overlap
« on: May 07, 2016, 07:29:58 am »
Morning guys

When I clean certain types of concrete driveways with the floor cleaner I naturally overlap so I am not leaving dirty lines, however I notice that this can sometimes leave cleaner lines in the driveway if you will. Tends to happen on concrete flags as well but not on Indian stone/patternered concrete.  Does this happen to anyone else?

I just assume this happens because technically the overlap part is getting cleaned twice but it really annoys me! I don't use hypo but I will start if it helps get rid of this problem! Any advice on how to get a nice even finish?

Thanks in advance

Smudger

Re: Floor cleaner overlap
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 08:19:46 am »
I don't ever use it straight up and down an area I tend to sweep it side to side and also back and forth this gives me an even finish - what you describe is one of the reasons I rarely use a FSC because your not getting it clean enough .

After you have finished you can hypo it, that will blend in your "clean" lines

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Simon Campbell

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 02:52:36 pm »
Cheers  Darran

I'm going to try that technique next time. I'm not a massive fan of the floor cleaner as I don't think it does as good a job as the lance but it's useful to have I supoose.

Thanks for the response anyway  :)

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 03:14:47 pm »
No probs

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 03:24:44 pm »
I've cleaned many a concrete and natural stone surface without the real need of using a pressure washer at all. YEHAA!  ;D