Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kempy

Re: EGR valve
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 11:37:15 pm »
Well the new EGR has been fitted a week now and it's now a lot better on the black smoke on acceleration .

The old one was clogged up and dirty .

Impressed it's done its job .

CleanClear

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2016, 12:02:45 am »
Well the new EGR has been fitted a week now and it's now a lot better on the black smoke on acceleration .

The old one was clogged up and dirty .

Impressed it's done its job .

Makes no sense what you say. EGR valves work or they don't. If they don't they send an engine management warning light on.  EGR is exhaust gas recurcilation, it just opens and closes, and thats it. Its a small object. It cannot inject anything to make your exhaust gases dirtier or cleaner. It just opens and closes, and if it doesn't work the engine management system detects it. You've been had off.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

ChumBucket

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 08:19:49 am »
The valve opens to allow a percentage of exhaust gas to be recycled and mixed with clean air. In theory this is OK (ish) untill the valve and associated pipework get coked and oiled up resulting in your engine then not only been fed recycled exhaust gas but extra dirty exhaust gas- hence the excessive black smoke. It ends up coking everything up. Blanked off, the engine will run better and cleaner.

ray mck

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2016, 07:31:52 pm »
Just blank it or clean it then blank it

CleanClear

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 03:24:51 pm »
Its my understanding that the inlet manifold will have to be removed and cleaned, on any vehicle with EGR probs. Then, if the valve functions correctly, "some" models, makes, years can just be blanked off. Others will throw up an engine management light if the EGR is blanked off and will need the ECU programming. Research is needed for your particular vehicle.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

kempy

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2016, 07:03:20 am »
It's doing fine is the van at the moment now the EGR has been fitted .

However I filled up with £40 JET fuel and its smoking a lot again ..

I'm always going to use SHELL if I can . Even on Sainsburys it didn't do that .

Maybe this JET fuel station which is probably independent uses CRAP cheap stuff .

Never going to that one again

ChumBucket

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2016, 11:44:32 am »
It's doing fine is the van at the moment now the EGR has been fitted .

However I filled up with £40 JET fuel and its smoking a lot again ..

I'm always going to use SHELL if I can . Even on Sainsburys it didn't do that .

Maybe this JET fuel station which is probably independent uses CRAP cheap stuff .

Never going to that one again

Nothing to do with the fuel mate, you're engine internals are coked up by the egr and unless you blank it off you will just continue this process.