Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

joe.b

bit of help
« on: June 25, 2007, 05:10:47 pm »
hey everyone, ive quoted and starting doing a domestic cleaning job, it is 6 hours cleaning every week and then about 2 hours ironing which is done by my mum(works for me) how much would you charge for this? i really feel like i have underquoted now ive done it, but it was my first domestic cleaning quote!

any help is great
thanks

dg-cleaning

Re: bit of help
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 05:17:56 pm »
what did u quote? I would say anything upwards of £10 ph.
how much do you pay your mum?
wish my mum lived nearer I would have her onboard for ironing duties too :D

joe.b

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 05:27:16 pm »
heh im paying her £6 p/h atm, i quoted £75
the customers want it too a pretty high spec. but i dont know if it was just the first clean i did and that it will be alot easier next time.

joe.b

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 06:30:33 pm »
if i can do the cleaning in say 4 hours, and then mum does 2 hours ironing do you reckon the price is ok for 75, i dont do the oven cleaning, but they have on their list things like defrost the fridge every two weeks. i suppose you just defrost it while doing other cleaning?

thanks for the help

dg-cleaning

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 06:35:15 pm »
yes if its general housekeeping duties,it depends upon a lot of factors, your relationship with client, if you do them one favour at no extra cost ,eg defrost fridge then NExt week will they be wanting laundry doing as part of the norm also?
Its your call but it works out at over £10 ph so you are making an ok profit despite also having to pay your mum the other 2 hrs.Do they supply the cleaning products?if they supply products I would say its an ok price.