Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ally

Starting Cleaning Driveways?
« on: May 17, 2005, 08:08:54 pm »
With lots of uncertainty with current employment (employed) I am seriously considering starting my own Driveway Cleaning Business- Block Paving etc.

I have no experience in the cleaning Business but am very keen to learn and have a little capital to get started.

I live in the Coventry area, and need some info-

What is the best way to start? eg. flyers, part time?

Is there the work out there?- I currently earn 14,500 a year.

Is it all year around work?

Is there anything you think I should know that could help me get started?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Ally. :-\

kenstar

Re: Starting Cleaning Driveways?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 11:27:33 pm »
hi ally i seen your posting on cleanitup  and wodered how you got on ? , i am currently trying to get something going as i do an overnight job at a paltry 5.30 an hour so i am looking to do something with more money in it and just wondered how it went for you

regards

ken in cov

jay foden

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 09:29:37 pm »
its mainly a spring and summer job. if you have a mortgage to pay i would not bother. you can be waiting days or weeks or months when its raining and snowing in the winter. i speak from experience. 5 years.  no one even thinks about having them cleaned in bad weather.  its mainly  april to august the busy period.   just dont want you to get strapped for cash mate. think hard.  good luck.
jay foden

TVCS

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 05:04:37 pm »
It is mostly a spring and summer job but, if you are willing to cover different areas of pressure washing then you can still expect to get work throughout the year.
Fleet washing for example.  Graffitti removal, gutters and windows etc.  You get out what you put in.  Dont expect to be snowed undr straight away but stick at it.
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)