Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simonr

fao cleanclear
« on: February 13, 2016, 06:45:33 pm »
tried 1/2 mill of hg in my backpack today & my windows came up great, my tap tds is only 28/30 though so it might just be chance, seemed very similar to vision

CleanClear

Re: fao cleanclear
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 11:47:18 am »
Yeah i'm very happy with it and i'm permanently using it in my tank of pure water now. I just got a bit carried away when i tried it with tap water. I thought the TDS was 160 like it usually was. Cleaned with it and it was ok. It was only later that i realised the actaul tap water TDS was much lower. So i just wanted to point out that it wasn't ok with tap water at 160TDS like i originally said.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

simonr

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 08:43:40 pm »
i've been using vision , i like it but i think a lot of it is in my head
i THINK my glass was shinnier with hg but so hard to tell really
gonna try hg tomorrow  in my tank of pure, how much do you use per 100 l

CleanClear

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 10:42:11 pm »
Sorry mate, i havn't been measuring. I've literally just put a squirt in, and if its been a bit to frothy for my liking i just squirted less on the next fill up. All the results with it are ok even when it seems really foamy.

CleanClear

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 07:31:48 pm »
Simon how you getting on with this ? I'm still using it everyday, i've noticed on a few problem windows i have where i usually have to go back and T bar them with a squeegee that i havn't had too. The results are better than pure water alone. Less spotting.

Also, and probably the main reason i resurected this is that today i went out with probably a bit more HG in the tank than i would like. I havn't been measuring at all, and when i filled up last night i thought there was not much in the water i had left, so i filled up and put just a big squirt in. (350 litre tank). The water i was cleaning with today was really frothy. Infact in the run off on the floor you could see suds. And on the glass it looked literally like i wash squirting dishwater on them. I was really uncomfortable seeing so much foam and suds. My first job today was two semi's, one had a conny so once i'd done the fronts like this, then done the backs i was able to come round to the fronts and inspect them as they where dry, or almost. Results where perfect.

I've found it hard to get my head around the fact i'm supposed to be using pure water and usually look for a clean run off and now i'm squirting what amounts to foam and bubbles all over a window and i'm expecting it to dry terrible. And its not its drying out perfect.

Infact i'll stick my neck out a bit further and say...its not just my imagination its cleaning better, it really is. I can tell by the sills and frames i'm doing. Anyone else got any experiences to share with using it ?

simonr

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 07:51:39 pm »
ive been swapping about,  one day i had 400 ltrs with 4 ml of vision & 4 ml of hg  & probably imagination but i was expecting a squad of blinded pilots crashing along my cleaning route,
then i went back to pure for a couple of days to clean the tank, this morning i had 400 lts with 8ml of hg but i only did 4 houses & my starter motor went,   
 to be honest i don't check much except on conservatories, but pvc is deff shinier with an added extra  just not sure its shinier when its dried
i think vision gives more of a glide but i've gone back to an extreme brush so hard to tell
the weird thing is when i was back on pure i felt something was missing

Plankton

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 12:26:28 am »
Couple of years ago some half wit knocked an uncapped washing liquid into the tank, windows were frothing up and I wasn't happy. Turns out they were fine ??? It was sunny and they dried quickly have to say I was very surprised, never apologised for my moaning though!

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 08:04:55 am »
Looks like it might have a drop of Methanol in it?
I think they all work much the same, GG4, HG, Vision. Would be interesting to see if the TDS varies. I think because our water is so pure that they foam at such low dosages.

http://www.homecareessentials.co.uk/media/datasheets/Window_cleaner_5.04.pdf
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-anionic-surfactant.htm

Provided it doesn't spot or kill plants etc. I can't find a reason not to use them if you're that way inclined.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 08:18:57 am »
Looks like it might have a drop of Methanol in it?
I think they all work much the same, GG4, HG, Vision. Would be interesting to see if the TDS varies. I think because our water is so pure that they foam at such low dosages.

http://www.homecareessentials.co.uk/media/datasheets/Window_cleaner_5.04.pdf
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-anionic-surfactant.htm

Provided it doesn't spot or kill plants etc. I can't find a reason not to use them if you're that way inclined.

That safety sheet is putting me off using it again.

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 08:21:13 am »
I think you'd have to use it neat as an eye wash to get any trouble  ;D

No different to fairy I would imagine (squirt some of that in your eyes).

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 08:32:29 am »
Yeah guess you're right. They probably put that warning on everything if you read the small print.