Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dd

Re: Brakes need doing after 19k!
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2016, 06:15:54 pm »
well done damo.im close to 18 stone now.

what have you done?cut down on carbs?exercise?or both? :)

Portion control mate. Simple as that. On a bad/good week i would have 3-4 takeaways.

A Saturday would be.

Mac d breakfast - subway - doner meat and chips AND a small pizza.

So I am still eating the same food. Just way less lol
23 must be the number of months the doctor said you have left to live.

Jonny 87

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2016, 06:23:59 pm »
sounds like main dealers can be just as dodgy as small local garages! ::)roll

Even worse Dazmond the whole things a racket, for a start 23 can take his van anywhere for a service as long as its to a
qualified mechanic but the dealers will fight you on it.
By law all you need to do to keep the warranty valid is to maintain the vehicle to a standard where by if you didn't it would
cause damage.
A new vehicle is guaranteed by consumer law but dealers use it as a way of taking us for a ride by charging over inflated prices
for servicing and replacement consumables.

The garage also has to be vat registered, and they have to use the "approved" service kit from the manufacturer.

I only know because I've just recently bought a 2014 Ford focus ST and looked into the servicing just recently.

It's first service since I've owned it is coming up, and I was going to be stung for close to £400 for basically oil and filters.  ??? :o

It's a rip off. I trust my local garage way more than a main dealer any day. All servicing by main dealers usually gets given to the apprentice who can only just tell there posterior from their elbow.

Don't do it damo. Go to a local garage if you know and trust one.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2016, 08:08:50 pm »
sounds like main dealers can be just as dodgy as small local garages! ::)roll

Even worse Dazmond the whole things a racket, for a start 23 can take his van anywhere for a service as long as its to a
qualified mechanic but the dealers will fight you on it.
By law all you need to do to keep the warranty valid is to maintain the vehicle to a standard where by if you didn't it would
cause damage.
A new vehicle is guaranteed by consumer law but dealers use it as a way of taking us for a ride by charging over inflated prices
for servicing and replacement consumables.

The garage also has to be vat registered, and they have to use the "approved" service kit from the manufacturer.

I only know because I've just recently bought a 2014 Ford focus ST and looked into the servicing just recently.

It's first service since I've owned it is coming up, and I was going to be stung for close to £400 for basically oil and filters.  ??? :o

It's a rip off. I trust my local garage way more than a main dealer any day. All servicing by main dealers usually gets given to the apprentice who can only just tell there posterior from their elbow.

Don't do it damo. Go to a local garage if you know and trust one.

I got quoted £120-£150 from local garage due to oil cost. Would rather have a ford stamp in my book tbh.

ChumBucket

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2016, 08:12:39 pm »
well done damo.im close to 18 stone now.

what have you done?cut down on carbs?exercise?or both? :)

Portion control mate. Simple as that. On a bad/good week i would have 3-4 takeaways.

A Saturday would be.

Mac d breakfast - subway - doner meat and chips AND a small pizza.

So I am still eating the same food. Just way less lol
23 must be the number of months the doctor said you have left to live.

No wonder his brakes are knackered!! :o I would have the shocks checked out too!! ;D