Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jimlaffo

Tax return advice
« on: December 11, 2015, 02:04:17 pm »
Hi. I have sent off my tax return for 14/15 but I think I may have to amend it. Last December I did a one off job for another company and they paid me via their payroll. It was for £700 but I was paid £560 as they deducted the tax, NI etc. So my question is, how do I enter this on my tax return? I included the £560 in my figures but I didn't do it as a separate income. I'm a bit confused as I have already paid the tax on it.
Any advice welcome, thanks.

stevon

Re: Tax return advice
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 02:19:59 pm »
if they have deducted tax & n/I from the £700 the revenue will already be aware of it.so there is no need to to put the figure of £560 as you have already paid your tax on it(keep it as an xmas present)

andyM

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 03:55:28 pm »
Hi. I have sent off my tax return for 14/15 but I think I may have to amend it. Last December I did a one off job for another company and they paid me via their payroll. It was for £700 but I was paid £560 as they deducted the tax, NI etc. So my question is, how do I enter this on my tax return? I included the £560 in my figures but I didn't do it as a separate income. I'm a bit confused as I have already paid the tax on it.
Any advice welcome, thanks.

I believe there's a section on the return as "Tax already paid" or something similar.
Enter the figure you paid in the box.
I would also keep that invoice/pay slip in with your year 14-15 printed return just incase the revenue ever come knocking.
One of the Plebs

matthewprice

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 03:57:30 pm »
If I remember correctly there is a box where you are asked if you have already paid tax on any part of your income .on line you can easily do an amendment.