Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pikeman

genie in a box
« on: January 19, 2016, 09:40:09 am »
Have a genie in a box just lately seems to be suckling in air from somewhere.  Tightened everything up but no joy. Any ideas

Smurf

Re: genie in a box
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 10:21:04 am »
Have a genie in a box just lately seems to be suckling in air from somewhere.  Tightened everything up but no joy. Any ideas

Looking at the pic the obvious thing to me is to check the inlet hozelock male on the box to female on your feed hose as maybe the couplings are warn so when the pump is running might be sucking in air from there?

As a quick test just you could change them over with new ones to see if it makes any difference. Or just as a test maybe a hose joiner would do? Depens on the length of feed hose you are using be it from a barrel or tank how long running the pump at full pelt it would take to force all the air out of the system.

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 10:32:01 am »
Meant to ask are you drawing water from containers or a van tank?

pikeman

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 04:31:47 pm »
Hi sm urf thanks for reply it's from a tank. I'll try what you suggest

NWH

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 05:59:47 pm »
Connect everything up 1 by 1 starting at the tank and working right through to see where the air is,if this happens that's what I do. I've also had a build up of gunk on the inside of the tank preventing it being able to suck any water out of the tank a coat hanger is ideal for this lol

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 06:18:54 pm »
I've found using clear braided hose on the inlet side it's easy to see any trapped air in the system to bleed it out.
When the pump is at full pelt then tone of the pump will also change when all trapped air is out of the system.   
Any restriction or lake of water getting through on the inlet side some type of hose will actually start to collape in on itself (suck together) too  ;D

pikeman

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 06:42:09 pm »
Many thanks. Guys Think I may of cleared it don't really know how though lol. Got another pump in the van so swapped fittings about seems ok now. So may of been the hose lock fitting to inlet as sm urf suggested