Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Wilbraham

3 day drying time
« on: November 12, 2015, 06:33:28 pm »
Hi,
I visited an elderly lady today in Liverpool who wanted her Belgian Wilton lounge carpet to be cleaned.
She asked how long it would take the dry I said touch dry in a few hours.
She went onto tell me that a couple of years ago she had the same carpet cleaned.
It took the truck mount operator 90 minutes, the carpet shrunk off the wall by an inch and it took 3 days to dry.
She had to place towels on the floor as the moisture was soaking through into her slippers!
It took be 75 minutes today to clean and it was was only just slightly damp when I left.
(She also stated it looked much better than after the last clean!)
A good vacuum, micro splitter,  agitation and lots of dry strokes.
I don't know what the last cleaner had been doing for 90 mins. 30 minutes of my 75 was setting up all the equipment.
Already booked in 2 of her neighbours!
:-)
Simon

Mike Halliday

Re: 3 day drying time
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 06:54:51 pm »
Damn then  truckmount owners!! They should all be put in stocks in the local market place and flogged to an inch of thier lives,

Actually floggings too good for them.......... STONE THEM,!!  that's what I say.

Soaking old ladies carpets , I hear they play football with 6 week old puppies as well
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Simon Wilbraham

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 08:26:35 pm »
Sorry... It was not meant to be a dig at truck mount owners,  I really do not want to start one of them debates..

It was only mentioned as I was just wondering  what on earth he would have been doing for 90 minutes?

Truck mounts are not cheap so how can an operator like this survive in the industry if they are over wetting and shrinking carpets?

I asked why did she not call him back when I was not dry the next day?

The response  "he said he was busy so I didn't want to bother him" :-(

If someone had a query / concern after the clean I would hope they would give me a call.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 08:38:36 pm »
Bet it was Simon Gerrard with his Titan.
Porty owner wouldnt be that bad.
:)

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 08:19:17 am »
Not me, I'm banned from Liverpool on the grounds that I can't speak the language. :D ;D

derek west

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 09:22:23 am »
scouse truckmounters soaking carpet???

dee do doh dont day eh!!  ;D

Hilton

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 09:30:58 am »
Sorry... It was not meant to be a dig at truck mount owners,  I really do not want to start one of them debates..

It was only mentioned as I was just wondering  what on earth he would have been doing for 90 minutes?

Truck mounts are not cheap so how can an operator like this survive in the industry if they are over wetting and shrinking carpets?

I asked why did she not call him back when I was not dry the next day?

The response  "he said he was busy so I didn't want to bother him" :-(

If someone had a query / concern after the clean I would hope they would give me a call.

Don't apologise there are cowboy TM operators out there as there are cowboy porty operators,,, the benefit of having a TM is you can rip off a lot more people a lot quicker, ;D