Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

ID couch material ?
« on: November 03, 2015, 07:35:49 pm »
What is this material  ,Do these give u grief as they do me ?   tend to be full of little watermark things that may or may not move and take an age to dry before u know .
Bad pic as in its a lighter colour .

Kev Loomes

Re: ID couch material ?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 10:45:53 pm »
Is it a cotton, or a cotton mix? Don't normally have an issue with them, although spot cleaning could potentially create ring marks as in the pic. A good wet out and clean should be ok, with good drying of course.

john martin

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 11:10:15 pm »

Perhaps its a cotton  , the drying time is viscose like so i thought it might be that .
I got it done anyway , the drying time was ridiculous , i dryed the armrests with a hairdryer .
Note the artsilk rug just to compound my dryng woes .

I did a similar couch two weeks ago but the underling stains from spills and those rings wouldn't go so i left it off the bill in the end . Reducers and products i tried on it were triggering the indicator dye also .

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 03:27:27 pm »
Its a Jacquard fabric. One time they were mainly cotton with sometimes silk. God knows what they make them with now as its only the loom which gives it its name. Lots of viscose out there. Probably because its cheap and feels like silk.