Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris Cottrell

Help from the collective
« on: May 12, 2006, 08:46:00 pm »
I need some help please with this one guys, I know what to charge for the side glass - 30 panes avg patio door size not a problem but I need a quote for this pool roof 1 quote for the front that you can see and one for all of the roof

the front is not to demanding simple pole job but the left side has restricted access which I'm thinking of a tower platform to get to the gutter level to do that side , the rear however is another story the wall of the building is brick then comes a short verge of waist high nettles then comes the ditch 7' to 8' deep approx then a patchy hedge with gaps in it then youre in the field next to it, im guessing you could pole it, its 16 mtrs from the field to the center of the roof so will probably need a 45' pole

OR

mewps ... positioned on the front side and do the lot from above

What do you think? .... and more so what's the price?

Chris Cottrell

Chris Cottrell

Re: Help from the collective
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 10:15:12 pm »
so nobody wanna hazard a guess then  ???

carl stanton

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 10:18:43 pm »
1 million dollars!!!
i would but i doubt my self after joining this forum! im just worth so much more!
in other words im just cheap!!  :P

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 10:25:58 pm »
1 million dollars!!!
i would but i doubt my self after joining this forum! im just worth so much more!
in other words im just cheap!!  :P

Yee haa  ;) ride em cowboy

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 09:03:49 am »
Ask yourself, do I really want this job or am I doing it because its been offered to me ?

I wouldn't get involved, but thats just me.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 01:12:19 pm »

I wouldn't get involved, but thats just me.

Why would you not touch it Vince ? Do you think its gonna be a bad job or d'ya just not need anymore, or have you had bad experiences of this kind of job ?

carl stanton

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 05:42:23 pm »
i say allow a long half day rate for the roof! i think it might be worth the experience as i notice more swimming pools and the like popping up around my way so prob same in your area!

abacus

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 06:03:00 pm »
 Hi Chris
its not the roof its the access thats the problem when I get ones like this Icharge by  the hour and give a gestimate on the time once cleaned you give a fixed price for next time If they bulk at the hourly charge just explain they the machines can use alot of water on roofs i turn up the water flow as the dirt bakes on due to the angle this will help to take less time.
hope this helps regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved