Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

RO Questions ?
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:38:42 pm »
Its a bit of a daft one really , for those that have pressure gauges on the RO  , what does it actually tell you ?
Mine is situated after the membrane , i think i read in my book that the RO performed best at around 50 psi , i have always cranked my outside tap fully open and the pressure runs at 75 psi .
Its not that im having any issues with failing membranes or TDS  levels which come out , i would just like to know !

Which brings me to the next question , i run 2 identical RO's , V2 PURE 50 GPD , one of them has just had a new membrane , the other is on the supplied original .
The original is pumping out at 000 from 122 in.
The new ebay special is at 002 from 122.
Neither have resin pods so thats not the issue.

Obviously the ebay special is not the quality of the of the original , it even looks a bit shall we say "Chinese" No offence Tosh  ;D

What would you guys expect output wise from 122 in

Cheers Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Steve foster

Re: RO Questions ?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 03:46:25 pm »
125 in on my 40/40 gives me zero at 4 bar.
The pressure has dropped recently so with the waste set to give 3 bar I get 0003 with is good enough for me , No resin fitted to my system.
Thats with the pressure gauge on the input pipe before any filters.

Don Kee

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 03:48:17 pm »
Ideally you want the pressure guage before the membrane so you know what the ingoing pressure is
(As you've said, ideally you want over 50psi going in to the membrane, so it would stand to reason that if the guage was before the membrane it'd tell you whats going in..)
Although if you're getting 75psi after the membrane then you must have some decent tap pressure!!

Usually they say membranes should get minimum 95% of the solids from the water, so with yours i'd expect 5/6...so 0-2 is a bonus!

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 05:42:52 pm »
It has now gotten stranger , i had another look and play , i just changed the membrane pods over and now im getting 004 from the new membrane and 000 from the old one
Any ideas on that one  ???

Rich

Frankybadboy

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 06:00:29 pm »
It has now gotten stranger , i had another look and play , i just changed the membrane pods over and now im getting 004 from the new membrane and 000 from the old one

Rich
yes leave the bloody thing alone ;D ;D ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 06:22:54 pm »

Rich
yes leave the bloody thing alone ;D ;D ;D ;D

Smartarse   ;D ;D ;D

If it aint broke , dont fix it , springs to mind !