Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave budden

Re: Not today thanks
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2015, 08:12:45 pm »

[/quote]
Rain is essentially pure so no issues cleaning in the rain unless it's hard enough to splash dirt up off the floor

I had one 2 weeks ago who said "can you leave it this time they still look clean"
Dropped straight away
2 monthly wanting me to do it after 4 months of dirt

Bungle

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2015, 09:23:28 pm »
I've had the opposite . 4 have been in contact asking where I am as I'm a week behind. One of them is a £75 4 weekly that I've only done twice and I was kind of girl thingy footing round them a bit to keep them sweet. Seems they are more than happy with 4 weekly at 75 nicker  8)
We look at them, they look through them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2015, 07:21:32 am »
I've had the opposite . 4 have been in contact asking where I am as I'm a week behind. One of them is a £75 4 weekly that I've only done twice and I was kind of girl thingy footing round them a bit to keep them sweet. Seems they are more than happy with 4 weekly at 75 nicker  8)

Sweet.

It's funny how "they" work out. I've got 4 weekly's at £30 - 35 (tho mainly 4 weeklies tend to be at the lower end of the scale) and others who would be every six months at a tenner (instead of 8 weekly) if I let 'em.
It's a game of three halves!

Walter Mitty

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2015, 01:26:19 pm »

I lost a job recently because a customer was unable to accept me being late sometimes.  For pity's sake, I'm allowed a holiday occasionally.  Customers who put stress on me to get around sooner are nearly as difficult for me to cope with as not todayers.  Just let me get on with it and I will be there.  I may even be a couple of weeks late if there have been issues like holiday, sickness, vehicle problems or an aching body that needs a little rest - but don't keep phoning me so that you can mark your damned calendar.

Smurf

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2015, 02:13:41 pm »
I had a large conny roof and window clean booked in first thing this morning that I do once a year as they live abroad most of the year. It's out in a village so thought I would tie it in with other monthly window cleans I do in the same village to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.  Anyway I had a call to say the weather was not ideal which I'm glad the chap cancelled as I did not fancy getting soaked.

I do tend to clean properties in light rain but draw the line when it's peeing it down like today. Therefore if I had gone out I would have spent more time sat in the van than actually doing any work today.

Not today doesn't mean never to me so depending what the job is I'm more than happy if it suites me to be flexiable.
I've one or two very good customers that don't want a regular clean in winter months which is no skin off my nose as I just miss them out on the round. I treat these customers as an extra revinue stream as I would pass by the properties anyway.

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2015, 04:55:25 pm »
the rain would of helped with the conny clean mate! ;D

i would of said the rain wont affect the overall finish of the job and insisted i do them today or not at all.take it or leave it.
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2015, 05:07:14 pm »
Yes I know it would have as was an awkward large glass panel conny roof but has been peeing down all day so I would have got very wet. ;D

the rain would of helped with the conny clean mate! ;D

i would of said the rain wont affect the overall finish of the job and insisted i do them today or not at all.take it or leave it.

Smurf

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2015, 05:16:32 pm »
Forgot to mention it's self cleaning glass so will be a bit cleaner when I get around to doing it now ;D

Bungle

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2015, 05:29:31 pm »
I get one woman texting me to remind me her windows are due to be cleaned this week. I kid you not! Err, love I have computer software that tells me when jobs are due  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2015, 05:52:03 pm »
I had one today, text him for gate, text back at 11am this morn, can you leave it this time please. they said that 2 months ago as well.
Unfortunately for now im putting up with it due to lack of custies as much as i wanted to say no problem find another windy. Still made a note of it mind and if it continues will drop.
[/quot

No offence but a typical newbie mistake - sticking with the wasters and messers and crap payers will slow your growth down no end ... I made this mistake when first starting out 5+ years ago if I had that time again I would bin immediately at sign of any messing about and prob  would have got me where I wanted to be 6 months quicker at least.

Canvass
Clean
Cull

or translated for customers .... "ERE !!!! your either on the round or yer not - Im to busy to be mucked about luv/mate so whatsit to be ??"

Smurf

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2015, 06:05:07 pm »
I've got to the stage now with what I call irregulars premium payers I simply ask them to call me when they want them doing next then see when I can fit them in. Again save me a lot of hassle and I class that type as an extra revenue stream and I'm also not worried if they never call again.   ;D
I get one woman texting me to remind me her windows are due to be cleaned this week. I kid you not! Err, love I have computer software that tells me when jobs are due  ;D

Bungle

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2015, 06:59:33 pm »
I've got to the stage now with what I call irregulars premium payers I simply ask them to call me when they want them doing next then see when I can fit them in. Again save me a lot of hassle and I class that type as an extra revenue stream and I'm also not worried if they never call again.   ;D

But she's 4 weekly  ;D

robbo333

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2015, 07:25:04 pm »
Odd one for me.
First clean and the custy specifically wanted it done on the Thursday (His father had passed away and the wake was at his bungalow on the Friday). Naturally I made sure it was spotless for all the attendees etc.
Funnily enough I'm looking at moving house and keep looking on rightmove at the moment, just to get an idea what's up for sale. All of a sudden I see his bungalow up for sale on the Saturday! Coincidence?
I shall play it very cool on the next clean, with the odd little question thrown in.  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"