Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windows

Water production unit
« on: July 11, 2015, 06:03:21 pm »
Hi all,

TDS of around 350 ppm out the tap.

As my business is expanding I need to keep up with the amount of water we're all using.

What's the best package to get for high volume water production. We could be using in excess of 3000 litres a day in the near future.

Looking for something with around 2-3000 litres holding capacity.

I would also like it to be self flushing with auto shut off when the tank is full. Basically so I can leave the system on all the time and not have to worry about flushing it or turning off when full.

Thank in advance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Smurf

Re: Water production unit
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 10:37:27 pm »
I think you will be after 2 bigger vans aswell Lance the way you are going ::)roll
3000 litres per day water usage sounds mental busy too me.

Maybe have a word with the chap from daqua.co.uk as he might be able to point you in the right direction

sunshine windows

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 10:49:44 pm »
Getting a fourth van fitted out next week, so will be running 2 x 400 ltr and 2 x 600 ltr systems. That's 2000 litres without coming back to top up if doing extras like gutters and conservatory roofs.

Will give Daqua a call on Monday, cheers
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 10:23:49 am »
Lance,

Don't your franchisees produce their own water?

Andy

sunshine windows

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 11:30:19 am »
Hi Andy,

No, one lives in a coach house. One has no garage or means of storage, pretty similar to the 3rd coming on board.

I've recommended steering clear of in van production only, as you're then limited to the amount you can use each day. I went down that route when I first started out and soon got fed up of running out of water, with no quick way of topping up.

I currently have 2x 1000ltr ibc's but they are taking the strain even between 3 of us with the current 450gpd unit I have. Pretty much bone dry by the time we finish each week.
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 11:59:00 am »
Lance, you've done well using a 450 ro for so long so I can see why you need to upgrade your static system now.

Couple more 1000 litre ibc's and upgrade to a 4040 ro static setup should hopefully do the trick.

Let us know how you get on

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 12:10:12 pm »
Might also be worth considering after sorting out the static system fitting 4040 ro/di van mounts and/or trolley type system so on some jobs you can produce pure on-demand too.  That way you have the best of both.

sunshine windows

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 01:17:39 pm »
I'm thinking all I have to do is upgrade the system to a 40/40, hoping this will produce water quick enough to keep both ibc's topped up.

Seriously considering buying a purpose built system though, with auto shut off and flushing, so I don't have to worry about a thing, just leave the tap on until something needs changing.
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 04:42:38 pm »
I'm thinking all I have to do is upgrade the system to a 40/40, hoping this will produce water quick enough to keep both ibc's topped up.

Seriously considering buying a purpose built system though, with auto shut off and flushing, so I don't have to worry about a thing, just leave the tap on until something needs changing.

The trouble is with supplying water is that soon everyone will want to fill up in the morning.  A 4040 will keep you going provided you have the storage capacity to fill up all the vans at once.

If you are using that amount of water I would go 20" prefilters, and possibly consider a second 4040 housing and membrane which would be an easy upgrade in the future.  But you will need to ensure you have enough water flow and pressure to keep up with that.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ian101

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 09:25:13 am »
You defo need a 4040 with a booster pump if tap pressure is low (under 80psi I would say)

Tank .... either 4 x1000 ltr IBC's strung together or something like this

http://www.directwatertanks.co.uk/enduramaxx-5000-litre-vertical-non-potable-water-tank&currency=GBP&language=en?gclid=Cj0KEQjww42tBRCO-sfEiO3DvYMBEiQAHeqMKG9m9KKY6wALJhRSj6wIII-OjJQFeMatfhX0yCaJOnoaAr5N8P8HAQ

Also suggest staggered filling times for your franchisees ... half in morning before work and half in afternoon after work

A good boosted 4040 can produce at least 3000 to 4000 litres in a day if not more.

Make sure storage tank is depleted on a Friday afternoon and then 2 days to buffer up

sunshine windows

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 02:04:11 pm »
They currently fill every afternoon when finished for the day, so the tanks can refill overnight.

From what's been said about volume of production by 40/40's it should keep 2x 1000 litres topped up no problem between all of us.

Thanks guys for your input
(Swindon, Wiltshire)