Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Van Heater for wfp system
« on: March 02, 2004, 11:38:50 am »
Is anyone having problems with frozen pipes in the mornig after a hard freeze?If you are using a wfp system could i ask what heating system you are using ive tried three different heating ways and none have worked apart from completey lagging out the van roof and sides.
All ideas appreciated

poleman

Re: Van Heater for wfp system
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 07:07:20 pm »
Easy clean,

try a green house heater in the van works for me ;)

andy

dorset

fed member  

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 09:12:39 pm »
Hi Andy which one ive tried one wouldnt heat a pair of shoes electric?parrafin?size?
Thanks

poleman

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 10:27:19 pm »
i use a Parasene Frost Shield Electric Heater about 40 pounds at homebase, my system is in a Ifor Williams Trailer (bit smaller than a van) had socket put in the side to power it, mite pay to try a Paraffin Heater if its is no good then most stores now days will refund you if thats the case. but this time of the year your ROs need  protecting because of the membranes being so thin.

andy

dorset

fed member

stevekennedy

Re: Van Heater for wfp system New
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 12:40:34 am »
We throw 4 big blankets over the whole system. We have also used a paraffin greenhouse heater. It worked well.

For our system, we have been advised to heat the water using the thermopure unit for about an hour in the evening. This is enough to keep the system frost free. We still chuck the blankets on though.