Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kenstar

coventry canvaser / partner
« on: April 26, 2006, 11:15:42 pm »
anyone in coventry in the same boat as me and trying to get a round together want to combine forces and do some canvassing ?

regards

ken

holland1945

Re: coventry canvaser / partner
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 02:12:48 pm »
Hi Ken

I've built up a round in Coventry over the last few months nd it's been a real SLOG. It is do-able, but the area seems
saturated with Window Cleaners. Whatever you do, don't waste your time in Canley, I sent my canvassers there and they got absolutely no response!!

If you like the idea of working slightly further afield - Hinckley, Bedworth, Nuneaton etc I could be up for doing some canvassing with you .. and then we can do the work together.

My only other tip, is that I was asked to cleaned for a lady on Manor Road in Wolston; I know they already have a WC in that area but it might be worth you canvassing round there.

kenstar

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 02:39:02 pm »
hi and thanks for the rep;y , i live in woodway park and there only appears to be one window cleaner up here , i think there is scope up this end of town as he seems a bit haphazard if you know what i mean he turns up now and again and people have told me that he isnt very good in saying that i wouldnt dream of treading on his toes but i think his lost customers may be worth looking at

cheers ken

holland1945

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 09:12:43 pm »
Hey Ken

My Coventry knowledge is pretty poor, as I only moved to the area a few months ago, after having my heart snatched by a girl from Bedduff!!

I say 'Go For It' I've picked up loads of customers who were fed up with their previous cleaner being too erratic and they were prepared to pay more for my more reliable service.

I wouldn't worry too much about treadin on anyones toes. I've bumped into a couple of Window Cleaners and most are really friendly, wanting to know how you're getting along.

I did have a woman in Halford Lane ask me to do her windows, but I'm a bit snowed under at the moment. If you want I can introduce you to her and you can have a bit of a canvas in the area to see if you can pick up any more customers.

With your current job situation and the extended daylight hours, you can canvas from about 4pm onwards and then you can actually clean the windows the next day. If you push yourself, you could build up a round that you can jump straight from your evening job into.

All the best mate!

kenstar

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 04:30:52 am »
hey holland , thats good of you it could be the start i need my email is knnymcntyr@aol.com ive already made a start on my gear so i am putting time and effort into it i just need my foot in the door so to speak so if you can email me that would be great

ken

jakeandmia

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 11:58:22 am »
Hi Kenstar

I am a window cleaner from nuneaton but most of my residential work is in eearnsford grange,theres a new estate going up in wolston,its where the reclamation yard used to be.Why not pop over there,you may be lucky!!!!.

WAYNE

kenstar

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 07:24:41 am »
thanks a lot for the info wayne i think i might just do that as i cant continue this night cleaning much longer

regards

ken

coventry

jon adams

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 10:37:29 pm »

Hi ken, dont worry about getting other wcs work for if you can do a better service go for it, as no one has rights over the customer there free 2 chose, people are always taking a pop at my round only ever lose one or two mainly cos im overstretched. if you fancy a day or two in Northants give me a call if its not too far, 07751565050.
                               Jon

Trevor Knight

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 07:23:40 am »
Totally agree with John's posting about letting the customer choose, just be careful not to deliberately undercut someone. If you do that then this is when you may find yourself in hot water!! I always say when canvassing and the customer says they have a window cleaner - " ok, no worries, please take my card and if they ever let you down give me a call, sorry to have bothered you, goodbye" You will be surprised how many calls you actually get. Good luck :o)
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire