Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

applepicker

Increasing customers and dealing with the books?
« on: May 11, 2015, 07:37:05 pm »
if you were working cash in hand but wanted to go legit in the future, would you have to get rid of all your old customers and start again incase the taxman checked how long you had had them?
if there was an investigation would they check your phone? 

KS Cleaning

Re: Increasing customers and dealing with the books?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 07:41:55 pm »
Applepicker AKA Slippy?

Johnny B

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 10:00:27 pm »
if you were working cash in hand but wanted to go legit in the future, would you have to get rid of all your old customers and start again incase the taxman checked how long you had had them?
if there was an investigation would they check your phone?

Tell us what you would do!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

paulben

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 06:04:38 am »
Don't know but prob follow you . If they want they can enter you home at any time of day or night and search the place for anything to incriminate you . They have more powers than the police and don't need a search warrant .
Do not steal the government hates competition

slap bash

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 04:51:11 pm »
As has been said if they wanted to catch anyone there are hundreds of dolies out there collecting and doing windows on the sly. Its the dolies season starting in a  area near you soon. Every year the place is over run  with these lazy buggers destroying  it for the regular window cleaners.

Phil J

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 09:15:44 pm »
Line your walls with tin foil and hide under the bed, that way they can't track your phone!

duncan h

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 10:03:13 pm »
Just continue. I think you have 4 month to try it anyway. The turning point for me was after a very short time. I was resting my slx 25 with an extension on. on a high gutter. It slid. I got brown pants and thought. If it hit that new car. I then got public liability and registered. Not worth it. Not worth it unless you intend doing it mainly full time. Too many over heads for a for say £100 month

NWH

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 10:26:42 pm »
They wouldn't get in my house I look out the window first before I go to the door lol,as the saying goes there's a time and a place for certain questions mate and it ain't on here lol

martinw

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 10:51:41 pm »
you have to register for self assessment by 5 oct following the end of the first tax year.
there used to be 3 month rule for self employment registration  - not sure if it still applies.

Rich Wilts

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 06:24:22 pm »
Youre probably not even on their radar, why should you be, theres plenty of oiks out there.

Just register with HMRC and start trading, legally. Once you've done that you're a real man.

Rich Wilts

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 10:42:08 pm »
Speak to the Job Centre. You won't pay tax on your first £10,500 earnt.

paulben

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 06:53:59 am »
Take it you can clean windows if not practice on own windows .I would start knocking on doors saying I will be starting up on whatever date you lose job .If you are just going to be getting job seekers and no other benefits should be able to match that easily early on. Be upfront with tax office and job centre if you get caught fiddling it will be a nightmare
Do not steal the government hates competition

Rich Wilts

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 06:55:11 pm »
There's only one route to go down and that's to declare.

Turn your question round, ask yourself if you don't declare and carry on as you are when are you going to declare and  how would you go about it?