Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Keith Durkin

magma heater repairs.
« on: February 17, 2015, 11:04:50 am »
Hi all,
         I have a Magma inline heater which has developed a slow leak from the brass fitting that is threaded onto the heater. Is there anyone in the Northants. area who can  to carry out the repairs.

Keith

John Kelly

Re: magma heater repairs.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 11:16:19 am »
It probably just needs unscrewing and some new thread tape applied to the thread and re-tightening.

jim mca

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 01:03:09 pm »
Would only cost you a tenner to send back to Cleansmart

Keith Durkin

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 03:47:18 pm »
Thanks for your replies,
                                    I have recently discussed the issue with Cleansmart, unfortunately it ran out of warranty last month :'( , but I  will be sending it up to them next week.

Neil Jones

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 10:18:59 pm »
Same on mine. I rung to ask for advice and tbh I found who ever answered the phone at cleansmart quite rude. He wasn't interested in discussing it he just said I have to send it in. Not great customer service, might have just been a bad day but I wouldn't expect that from a supplier.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 08:27:00 am »
Be carefull unscrewing it, check to see if the thread has a locking nut on the outside, if it's on too tight it will just turn the thread inside causing damage.

You might need to open it up and hold it with a spanner from the inside as you unscrew the QC.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Robin Ray

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 06:40:48 pm »
Exactly the same thing has happened on mine and its also 1 month out of warranty! Cant be too serious though..

jim mca

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 10:43:12 pm »
If its leaking  at the quick connect then easy fix make sure you don't let the spigot turn  if its leaking at the connection inside the casing then it will probably be knackered that's where mine went after 3 years