Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ScrimShady

Water Ban
« on: May 03, 2006, 02:59:06 pm »
Could someone in the know please what is happening with the water ban in the South East?
people have told me that there is a bill going through goverment that will ban Window Cleaners including Wfp,
i have just got up and running and its just my luck that this could happen and i would of spent all that money and i cant even do my job.
Tahnks All
ScrimShady

AuRavelling79

Re: Water Ban
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 05:25:56 pm »
Write to your mp and ask - no ban yet in Bristol, but the reply from my mp is that according to Thames Water (not my area) a general hosepipe ban does not affect commercial use but a drought order would.
It's a game of three halves!

armonk

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 06:25:48 pm »
No hosepipe ban where I am yet, but follow this link as it may explain a bit more about what's going on. It looks like no descision has been made yet concerning drought orders, but their thinking about it. Writing to your local MP is a good idea. I had an issue with something last year and my MP was very quick to respond and had the right contacts.

http://www.fsb.org.uk/news.asp?REC=3252

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 07:49:01 pm »
Ministers will be making there decision sometime this month, when i hear more i will let you know.

All objections will be considered on there merit.

Both the APWC and the FWC have lodged formal objections and asked for dispensation to carry on using wfp in areas affected by the impending drought orders

Dave

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 09:56:01 pm »
On the radio last week a bloke from Southern Water said the only time w/c's would be affected is if stage 3 of the drought order gets introduced which at the moment doesn't look very likely.

I don't know what is true and what isn't. The papers and the tv say one thing and Southern Water say something else.