Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Lickers

Re: "Please leave until after Christmas"
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 07:15:00 pm »
What do you say to your custards Mick who say 'leave it this time with all this weather they'll be minging in a week'. ?
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Mick Kent

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 07:19:47 pm »
Luckily i dont get that but if i did id prob go fully commercial. Not sure if you meant that in a sarcastic way or not but I was simply saying its the same as being 6 weekly and better than every 8 week customers with them skipping 3 months cleaning where december is a verey costly month and takes a few months to get back on track. We have all been there.

Tom-01

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 08:44:23 pm »
I think he means about what you said to your car valeter. He cleans your car every 3 weeks, so he relies on that as income. But because it's this time of year you have said to him to not do it for 3 months. If all his customers said that he wouldn't have a car valet business.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 08:47:56 pm »
Luckily i dont get that but if i did id prob go fully commercial. Not sure if you meant that in a sarcastic way or not but I was simply saying its the same as being 6 weekly and better than every 8 week customers with them skipping 3 months cleaning where december is a verey costly month and takes a few months to get back on track. We have all been there.

That bit in red is a bit of a broad-brush assumption Mick.

Anyway people who want to have their windows cleaned regularly are readily available. To someone who has their car valeted every 3 weeks and then doesn't bother for four months. Very unusual pattern.

Did you say to your valeter I want you every 3 weeks and then just say no in November? If so very inconsiderate. I surmise that you gave him notice or agreed that at the outset - any thoughtful person would, surely?

I love all the people on here who tell me I can't stick to the frequency I agreed at the outset with my customers. Yet still I do.
It's a game of three halves!

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 09:26:36 pm »
I kid you not I had a fortnightly pub ask to leave December and January and restart febuary as they want to save money.
and this was from one of the largest pub chains in the uk.

Mick Kent

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »
its last clean was a full electric buff polish with his machine which cost me £300 to have done where usualy its £35 every 3 weeks for mini valet so he isn't losing out to be fair to him and he is fine with it, the way the weather is at the mo and all the grit that's about its just as easy to do myself giving it a blast with pure and microfibers and a lot cheaper as i need to do it weekly as it doesn't stay clean for more than a few days especially where i have had it machine buffed bringing it to showroom condition.
just goes to show we are all different, i don't cry or get the hump if a custy asks to leave it a few months or even if they want to cancel on me, just the way the cards are delt for those customers! i see all customers as stepping stones to other things, many i have gained there friends or family members through cleaning them in the past, others commercial jobs or builders cleans, had a few schools from 1 who stops november-march its just swings and roundabouts.. maybe i'm to soft but what i do know is i'm where i wanted to be which is fully booked with work and am at the stage where unless its a job on a road i already clean in i decline it and pass them to my old man or another local shiner. i just looked and its 26 jobs that are suspended until march and 3 until april  so no biggie.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 09:59:51 pm »
its last clean was a full electric buff polish with his machine which cost me £300 to have done where usualy its £35 every 3 weeks for mini valet so he isn't losing out to be fair to him and he is fine with it, the way the weather is at the mo and all the grit that's about its just as easy to do myself giving it a blast with pure and microfibers and a lot cheaper as i need to do it weekly as it doesn't stay clean for more than a few days especially where i have had it machine buffed bringing it to showroom condition.
just goes to show we are all different, i don't cry or get the hump if a custy asks to leave it a few months or even if they want to cancel on me, just the way the cards are delt for those customers! i see all customers as stepping stones to other things, many i have gained there friends or family members through cleaning them in the past, others commercial jobs or builders cleans, had a few schools from 1 who stops november-march its just swings and roundabouts.. maybe i'm to soft but what i do know is i'm where i wanted to be which is fully booked with work and am at the stage where unless its a job on a road i already clean in i decline it and pass them to my old man or another local shiner. i just looked and its 26 jobs that are suspended until march and 3 until april  so no biggie.

£300 for a machine polish  :o...that sounds expensive.

PoleKing

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 10:08:33 pm »

£300 for a machine polish  :o...that sounds expensive.

Not really from what i know.
My valeter charges roughly £100 a stage.
Stage 3 polish-£300.
You get what you pay for.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Mike #1

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2014, 07:03:28 am »
its last clean was a full electric buff polish with his machine which cost me £300 to have done .

Should have got him to put some Collinite 476s Super Double Coat Wax , Never got round to doing it myself yet but a custy of mine does his just before the winter and his motor never seems to get dirty even in the crappy weather .

ChumBucket

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2014, 08:26:02 am »
its last clean was a full electric buff polish with his machine which cost me £300 to have done .

Should have got him to put some Collinite 476s Super Double Coat Wax , Never got round to doing it myself yet but a custy of mine does his just before the winter and his motor never seems to get dirty even in the crappy weather .

I use this myself, it's fantastic stuff & so easy to use. ;) Lasts for ages too.

lee_dewing

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2014, 05:59:40 pm »
The way I look at it is you have a window cleaner to keep your windows looking nice and clean.

If you like having clean windows why do you want them left dirty through the winter;  referring to the leave til march brigade!

You either want clean windows or you don't.

For me it's just the fact that as a small business joe public thinks they can muck you about.

Try telling BT you don't want their service every month just as and when.

I just do monthly.
Have done different schedules in the beginning but found to difficult to manage
When I did offer more choice to the handful of serial "can't be a month already" brigade.

They all said happy with monthly.    ???
I found when I started 9-10 years ago I bent over backwards for alot of customers trying to keep them happy offering different schedules

Don't have any of them customers now.
I find monthly works for me.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle