Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Toyota Hiace - useless!
« on: November 29, 2014, 06:26:26 pm »
Blown another tail light bulb  ::)roll
That's two now since 2006 - absolute rubbish.  >:(

rah

Re: Toyota Hiace - useless!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 06:35:34 pm »
It seems to be one of the few problems you have to put up with, Is it by chance the passenger side ?
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 06:39:05 pm »
I think it's a design fault.

paulben

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 06:45:05 pm »
Mine used to do that blow one side then week later other side went . cured it permanently

Some muppett wrote van off with a motorhome

Do not steal the government hates competition

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 06:56:45 pm »
I'll swap you Dave  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 07:15:46 pm »
Blown another tail light bulb  ::)roll
That's two now since 2006 - absolute rubbish.  >:(

Completely agree.

I've had mine 12 months now and in that time I've had to spend £35 on the mot.

Ridiculous. I think I will look for something pre 1960 so I don't have to spend out on this.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 08:10:46 pm »
I'll swap you Dave  ;D

Darran

No thanks! Just taking the pee really. I think I'd struggle with a £1700 bill this time of the year just before tax payment too.
Feel sorry for anyone in that position. I've crashed my van twice at this time of the year - financial nightmare to be honest.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 08:16:50 pm »
Dave - I've known you long enough on this and other forums not to take offence.

Nothing with a bit of humour, I know some others can never see the funny side of life, especially on here.

I might just leave the thing on the dealerships forecourt, after all it's free parking !  ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 08:42:32 pm »
Is the Proace going to live up to the same dream though ?

I fancy a new van , i see toyota have gone down the same route as all the others now , they all share the same body , and use each others engines and gearboxes , im starting to worry now cos as i see it , you buy toyota and get fiat , you buy vauxhall and get renault , peugeot , citroen, ford , whats happening to the industry , it proper pees me off !!!

I use a T4 and like the T5 , but have heard so much bad stuff i am a little reluctant to upgrade due to todays prices , a customer of mine has a T5 , she pulled the inner door handle and heard a pop which then resulted in her not able to get out, she went to dealership who gave her the great news that the part that had given up was only available when purchased with a complete door card at a cost of near on £500 ...........not for me Ronnie.......Im out  :o :o :o

My T4 did the same , £13 later and i got the door opening......and may i add that it has only cost me £113 in 10 years for a power steering pump , which might not have even happened to begin with , but eagle eyed me noticed that the muppet that put the bottom pulley back on after a service of the belts put it on the wrong way round ..... ::)roll

Think i may well run the Pink Panther till it dies a big orrible death ......the way i feel lately it looks like it will outlive me ....

Rich

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 08:49:02 pm »
I'm pleased with my Hyundai iload.
It's a game of three halves!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 09:00:22 pm »
I too have a Hiace and I was deeply hacked off that I recently had to buy a new clutch pedal rubber.  And an interior light bulb.  It's getting beyond a joke.

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 09:01:49 pm »

Pal of mine has one.  LOVES it.

Vin

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 09:08:38 pm »

Looked at them when they came out , was only put off by the amount of body creases in the panels ..... why so many ...... it just took me back to the days of nissan vannette , didnt mind though as was in my view a bullett proof van , just had a fooked up handbreak  ;D

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !