Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Road tax disc - no more ... paying monthly
« on: September 30, 2014, 08:19:56 am »
My tax disc expires tonight so when Ive paid online I can legally drive around with no disc on display as no longer issued.

If your disc expires end of October from November you can pay monthly by direct debit with a 5% surcharge.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vehicle-tax-changes             about half way down ref paying monthly

dazmond

Re: Road tax disc - no more ... paying monthly
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 10:45:39 am »
im getting mine today.12 months tax £225.i just pay cash.one hit and then dont worry about it for another year! ;)
price higher/work harder!

richywilts

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 10:20:31 pm »
you have just reminded me ian, trying to do it online and it wont load grrrrrrrrrr
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Positivity

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 01:25:10 pm »
It's a scam when you change cars they will now be taxed double for the changeover month!
Another step towards a Big Brother Police state ANPR everywhere they can track you wherever you drive and the crims will be cloning number plates even more.

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 01:43:29 pm »
Taxed mine this morning £123 and all i got was a receipt  :(

H20cleaning

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 04:45:22 pm »
I think i would much prefer to just pay every 6months rather than another direct debit every month

wfp master

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 05:38:16 pm »
you have just reminded me ian, trying to do it online and it wont load grrrrrrrrrr
site was down earlier.

jarvy

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 09:08:30 pm »
Would rather pay once a year if they are charging to use dd. Fleece enough cash out of me without scamming some more  >:(
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

wfp master

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 09:12:37 pm »
Would rather pay once a year if they are charging to use dd. Fleece enough cash out of me without scamming some more  >:(
you can still pay at the post office.

Tom White

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 09:21:06 pm »
I went for a run earlier and saw three cars clamped with big stickers stuck on the windscreen and driver's side windows saying that the vehicles had expired tax.

Ruddy bully boy tactics!  >:(

gary999

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 09:21:21 pm »
Post office this morn £126.50..sorted just like any other time

cant say im worried about the change

Mike #1

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 06:13:20 am »
Nice clean windscreen now without tax disc & holder . Mike

8weekly

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 06:35:52 am »
It's a scam when you change cars they will now be taxed double for the changeover month!
Another step towards a Big Brother Police state ANPR everywhere they can track you wherever you drive and the crims will be cloning number plates even more.

Hmm. Just realised this as we are changing cars.

EandM

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 08:05:05 am »
What we could do with here is an indication and a reminder that the said tax has been paid...

How about a little paper disc to stick on the windscreen somewhere ?

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 11:37:15 am »
I went for a run earlier and saw three cars clamped with big stickers stuck on the windscreen and driver's side windows saying that the vehicles had expired tax.

Ruddy bully boy tactics!  >:(

My VED expired end of Sept on the car. as now sorted electronically I removed the disc yesterday. I was waiting for some jobs worth traffic warden to ask where was the disc. You would hope they at least would be uo to speed on the changes 
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

SeanK

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 11:44:48 am »

You can claim back the tax for every month outstanding.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 11:47:30 am »

As before you can claim back for each complete month left on the old disc. But should you change your car today for example you would not get a refund on October as you would have part used the disc.
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

8weekly

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 06:15:00 pm »

As before you can claim back for each complete month left on the old disc. But should you change your car today for example you would not get a refund on October as you would have part used the disc.
Exactly, whereas previously you could barter on the tax on the vehicle.

mufcglen

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 09:47:14 pm »
They're defunately going to make more out of tax from all the cars that get bought and sold now if you can't sell it and leave the tax on, I thought with it all going computerised they'd be able to cancel your tax the day you cancel it online or whatever you do now instead of sending the disc back and refund you per day rather than cut a full month out, that's alot of money making on they're part as people won't want to wait until the end of the month just to get they're money's worth rather than Not sell they're car!