Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon sturmey

Days pay
« on: August 01, 2014, 04:09:35 pm »
Hi all, so if you guys get a job that's going to take a day to clean do you charge for a days money or price it up by how many windows etc as just got offered to clean a £5.5m house 😐 (biggest I've done as I'm only small time) it will take me all day to clean trad so wondering how to charge it correctly
Thanks simon

deeege

Re: Days pay
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 04:32:10 pm »
Charge a rate you will be happy with for the full day day, then add a bit for good luck.  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

tonycarr

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 05:06:33 pm »
hi simon

definitely day rate

depending on what you`re day rate is of course, the fact that you`ve asked this question leads me to think you`re relativly new,.... apolagies if wrong.  ;)

when i look at a large domestic job i split it up into houses, if i think it equates to 9 houses i price accordingly, other things to consider is if its a first clean it could intail scraping, taking even longer than initially thought so take that into consideration. another thing to consider is weather its a one off clean or a regular clean. if it`s a one off go in higher than you would if you were to do regular

thats the way i do it, others may offer different advice, good luck hope you get it  :)

tony
T & J Window Cleaning services

Window Lickers

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 06:55:54 pm »
Put in a price of somewhere between £200 - £300 depending on what you wish to earn a day.

A property that requires a day of hard graft and the custard requires a high end finish look towards the higher end of the pricing spectrum.

End of the day you'll be knackered and wish for good remuneration.

For a property of this value hopefully you can chat the custards up, get In with them, they generally like likeable and approachable people who they feel they can trust.

Chat em up, be approachable, they'll go for it.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 07:07:56 pm »
A days pay plus a bit more for unforeseen circumstances.

simon sturmey

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 08:27:10 am »
Thanks for the replies much appreciated 😃 I've been window cleaning part time for 2 years not really pushing it (getting custys) I've been letting them come to me, but I intend to convert to wfp over the winter months and crack on and expand in the spring, well that's the plan anyway lol