Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuart_clark

Re: Shear Dry (Rotovac)
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2014, 07:20:25 am »
Simon
you seem to be a bit of a know it all! So why ask the  about the sheer dry in the first place

adrian marsh

Re: Shear Dry (Rotovac)
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2014, 08:16:58 am »
Behave Stuart ;D Simon was simply expressing an opinion. However, whilst it's true to say the solution, aggitation & dwell is responsible for loosening the soils, it's also true that abc tool can be better than xyz tool. I've found the Shear Dry leaves fabrics drier as it performs more efficiently using less moisture than other tools I've used. As for heat, I don't have a TM and have never used high heat on fabrics. I bought one following the demo at the Alltec day and due to Paul Pearce telling me it was the best upholstery tool he'd used. Not being a sycofant but that was a good enough recommendation for me.

Simon Gerrard

Re: Shear Dry (Rotovac) New
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2014, 08:42:55 am »
Stuart,
I'm not being a 'know it all,' as you put it, I was merely pointing out that to get heat you need flow and flow uses water, if you are getting heat more quickly with the Shear Dry then you have to be using flow as there is no other way for it to reach the tool.
I try every new tool that comes on the market, but through them all I can't honestly say that one 'cleans' better than another, because they are merely flushing out pre-loosened soil. Some are very much easier and lighter to use, like the Saphhire and doubtless the Shear Dry, which when they fix the spitting glitch I will be purchasing myself. In my opinion, which is all I am expressing, 'cleans better' sometimes gets confused with 'cleans easier.'

Simon