Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

russ_clark

Driveway Sealing
« on: July 13, 2014, 08:47:36 am »
Hi Guys after some advice here.

Been doing some pressure washing work on driveways and patios this year and one of my jobs
has asked if I can price cleaning it and also to seal it.
I have never sealed a drive before ,it is block paving which currently has lots and lots of weeds and been somewhat neglected as some are a foot high! .
There is also a fair size area that has had oil spilt on it approx 1m x 1m
So I need advice as to what is to use to remove oil stains as best as poss and what is best way to seal the drive.
I have to give two quotes one to clean and one to seal.

Your thoughts advice please.
Cheers Russ

Kevin Miller

Re: Driveway Sealing
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 08:59:55 am »
For the oil Staines go with resiblock OR there is a good video on how you tube on how to use it. May also be worth having some ot8. Reason I say this is because the resiblock OR stuff can only be used on dry areas where the ot8 can be used on wet areas, so if you use the resiblock OR stuff and it's not quite come up you could then use the ot8 as well.

As for sealing I dint do it and never done it but the consensus is resiblock is the best one to use but it's not cheap.

Also if the drive is already ridden with weeds be careful promising that sealing it will stop these as that is probably not going to be the case.

Cheers

Kevin

BDCS

Re: Driveway Sealing
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 10:42:09 am »
Resiblock is NOT friendly if there is any damp or rain and cannot easily be removed / repaired. If acrylic gets rained on whilst wet you can just run it back in