Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert mitchell

Re: van cought fire
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 02:24:49 pm »
best of both worlds.

i can be a self involved public sector worker and a millionaire window cleaner  ;D
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

gary999

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 02:25:37 pm »
No not all,the OP must feel he is on his knees at the mo and we get
waffling about the fire service with the tories.

It aint helping the OP,If Roberto would like to give advice about
prevention vehicle fires great being an experienced fireman.

But it turning into a waffle session about the political situation
with tories hsrdly the time and place.

Not trying create an argument,like i said before sympathies to the OP
hope things go well,im off to cook dinner :)

gary999

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 02:26:59 pm »
above was response to soupys post

robert mitchell

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 02:32:09 pm »
official advice is not to tackle it yourself .

my advice would be carry an extinguisher and attack straight away and you may save the vehicle but be very careful opening the bonnet in case it flashes up.

most are electrical so if you install stuff yourself buy good quality wire and connectors and always use fuses .

Apologies if i ranted about the politics slightly ........just annoys me the way they are trying to destroy it.

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 07:26:35 pm »
Robert, why would the Tories want to destroy the fire service?
Genuine question. 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

C o z y

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 07:41:35 pm »
Good question. Here's a point to take note of Robert. Ze Gurman fire service is about 70% volunteer. They have aged equipment compared to the full time fire service. However, there are waiting lists to get onto the volunteer service. The system works well. Maybe the scum in Westminster have seen how some countries keep costs down by having these systems, and want to try it.
Think of the wages saved. These positions are highly rated, and people will do the job for no wage. Never mind privatisation, what about what could be saved. That's how they may see it.

My neighbour was a volunteer fireman for over 30 years. He loved his time training and working on the service. No pension, and no wages, but annual trips for a few days to visit other services, such as Northern Ireland and Cornwall.

I've just checked, and there are over 1,300,000 volunteer firemen in the service at the moment. The population here is around 86,000,000 I think. A lot of free service there.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

robert mitchell

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 07:56:25 pm »
i see your point and you have answered it partly in your post "aged equipment ".

My brothers have both lived in germany for years so know how the country works.

There are some problems with volunteers .

1 - they only work when is suits them .
2 Training takes up hours and hours of our time now with all the different things we get involved in , fires.road traffic collisions,water rescue ,rescue from heights , sewer rescues,bomb incidents, radiation/hazmat incidents , lock ins/lock outs, lift rescues etc etc and now we are expected to don bulletproof vests and deal with casualties at terrorist incidents .  Trying to keep volunteers trained in all these things would be a nightmare. You will probably find they attend fires/rtcs and keep training simple .
3 money comes first - volunteers may do it until they find a job and then quit ,thats money wasted on training etc.
4 doing it on the cheap with aged equipment and undertrained volunteers means more people will die .
5 i believe volunteers are mobilised from home like our retained firefighters here , this adds to the turn out time meaning more people will die and more property be damaged.

There are more points but I'm tired and slightly hungover!

personally i would rather pay £70 a year for a professional fire service with excellent discipline and training.

Stoots

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 08:11:36 pm »
rofl @ the van on fire  ;D

sympathies with the damage caused/cost to yourself and your son with the rest

and please punctuate for gods sake

G Griffin

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2014, 08:14:08 pm »
rofl @ the van on fire  ;D

sympathies with the damage caused/cost to yourself and your son with the rest

and please punctuate for gods sake

:-\
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

duncan h

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 10:28:23 pm »
nothing to do with firemen  :P but. Public liability if for damage caused by you in line with your work. Van insurance is for 3rd party damage done in connection with your van

Paul Coleman

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2014, 11:23:57 pm »
The OP is probably in the sh 1 t and in distress and the morons on here go on about .........

I give up with this forum sometimes - I really do.

Window Lickers

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2014, 11:24:31 pm »
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Flash..

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2014, 08:11:45 am »
Would love to know who the insurance company is, could save us all a lot of hassle, especially if its one that advertises on here?