Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

varistream calibration
« on: July 02, 2014, 07:57:39 am »
Hi everyone.
Recently got new 100 metre 6mm hose (microbore)

And you guessed it in conjunction with warm weather I need to recalibrate my varistream.

Have done before,  but my question is how long before you switch off water at brush should the pump
Take to turn of mine takes about 45 seconds for pump to go off.
Is that good/bad.

My battery is taking longer to charge.
I don't have leisure battery but small pure drive battery 22amp 12v what golfers use to drive their golf bags on wheels.
I know people will laugh but these last me 18 months and charge every night with smart cbarger.

Battery is only 6 months old.
Using pump box yesterday and "u" comes up on varistream controller which means low charge.

I have varistream digital controller which goes 1-9 b
Also notice a burst of pressure from brush when turn water on again use aquatap.

So basically how long should it take pump to switch off?

This problem with battery being drained has happened since new 100metre 6mm hose put on.

But the hose beforehand was same from Gardener's but ended up being 60 metres as kept cutting bits off due to holes.
Thanks everyone.
Lee.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Johnboy2525

Re: varistream calibration
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:15:17 am »
Lee get rid of the controller pain in da butt. My pump sometes takes a little time to turn off sometimes longer must be the weather temp. I don't use controllers but my water will come out nice and fast ill pack gear away use the next day and its slower drives me mad as I like water comming out like a jet washer lol !!!!

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 09:28:23 am »
Hi everyone.
Recently got new 100 metre 6mm hose (microbore)

And you guessed it in conjunction with warm weather I need to recalibrate my varistream.

Have done before,  but my question is how long before you switch off water at brush should the pump
Take to turn of mine takes about 45 seconds for pump to go off.
Is that good/bad.

My battery is taking longer to charge.
I don't have leisure battery but small pure drive battery 22amp 12v what golfers use to drive their golf bags on wheels.
I know people will laugh but these last me 18 months and charge every night with smart cbarger.

Battery is only 6 months old.
Using pump box yesterday and "u" comes up on varistream controller which means low charge.

I have varistream digital controller which goes 1-9 b
Also notice a burst of pressure from brush when turn water on again use aquatap.

So basically how long should it take pump to switch off?

This problem with battery being drained has happened since new 100metre 6mm hose put on.

But the hose beforehand was same from Gardener's but ended up being 60 metres as kept cutting bits off due to holes.
Thanks everyone.
Lee.

Nit one we make, However 45 seconds for the control to stop the pump is quite a long time and will build high pressure in your systems hence the spurt when flow is restored, It is the high pressure bleeding off.
I have emailed you a copy of the guides you will need to re cal the control
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

lee_dewing

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 11:45:01 pm »
Ian.
Top man, thanks for those downloads.
Nice to know I  was  doing it right.

Never knew that pushing keypad while varistream off shows battery indicator :)
Forgot to mention that pump box has small leak about 2 egg cup fulls a day in bottom kf pump box so that would give me problems waiting for pressure to build and dead end.

Thanks again Ian.
Will fix that leak ;)
Lee

Dannymackreturn

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 06:41:24 am »
Still would get rid of controller !!! B 👳

lee_dewing

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 11:34:31 am »
Danny and Johnboy.
So do you have pressure switch on pump so when you turn off water with
Say aqua dapter or aqua tap; pump stops?

Just thinking otherwise extra wear and tear on battery and pump.

Danny are you firing on all cylinders now after op?

Lunch over now slave on  ;D

Dannymackreturn

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 07:19:46 pm »
Hiya Lee I never stopped working mate, I had op on Sat had Sunday and bank holiday Monday off them back on Tuesday, took it easy for first week as son did most of it but all good m8 hand healing nicely. As for my system I don't have controllers and yes when I take pole hose off reel hose pump stops after about 20 seconds. I like fast flow and these controllers seem to be a pain. My system
Plain and simple Lee. Hope alls good your end, same reply from Johnboy !!!!! 👍

Lee had my leisure battery around 4 years now I've got a flowjet 100 psi had around a year and half. I do alot of mileage got jobs in Leicester, Dover Felixstowe
Cambridge east south and north London so do loads of mileage and the leisure battery gets plenty of charge m8

lee_dewing

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 10:41:43 am »
thanks Danny.