Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Barryy

Spider's nests removal
« on: June 11, 2014, 11:45:37 pm »
Hi all,
Anyone any tips on removing the spiders nests/webs that are stuck in the top corners of window reveals? These little buggers seem to be stuck on with superglue, my brushes are wearing out far too quickly as a result of trying to get them with the bristles, stock is rubbing against the wall and wearing away. I now use a harris pole with a nail in the top, but even that is time consuming and not ideal. Is there an easier way to solve this problem?

Jonny 87

Re: Spider's nests removal
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:16:29 am »
Gardiner a super lite dual trim flocked.

Never have any problems. Give them a soak, then they just get brushes away.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Barryy

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 07:03:58 pm »

Thanks Jonny, I'm going to be ordering some brushes soon, so I'll give one of those a try, cheers.

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 09:46:36 pm »

Thanks Jonny, I'm going to be ordering some brushes soon, so I'll give one of those a try, cheers.

It's the best brush gardiners do in my opinion, great scrubbing power.

Just make sure you rinse off the glass, if you don't it might cause a bit if spotting. On anything 25 feet and under I use this brush, any higher and I go to monofilament brushes so I can rinse on the glass.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Barryy

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 01:06:28 am »

I've used the non-flocked medium mixed in the past, never tried the flocked as didn't think they'd be up to 1st cleans (most of my work is 3-monthly). For the last year or so I've been using the Tecbuk Boar's hair, great little brush with great scrubbing power, however they haven't been available to buy for the last few months so i'm gonna go back to Gardiners again. In your opinion, would the flocked dual trim be better for 1st cleans than the non-flocked? I always rinse off, so that wouldn't be a prob.

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 04:30:09 am »
Yeah flocked is always better on first cleans. Great scrubbing and cleaning power. It's like using a microfibre cloth on the window.

I think that's what Alex recommends the brush for, first cleans but not maintenance due to its scrubbing power and how it grips the dirt.

If you have windows with lots of spiders webs on them every other house or so just clean the brush with your hand. Jobs a good n.