Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole2pole

Air on trolley system
« on: April 01, 2006, 06:40:16 pm »
Can and Cleanitup God's, Godessess or just about anybody please give me any advice on how best to avoid getting air into my trolley system when having to change from one empty container to another full container.
Is there a common sense way to avoid it. I sometimes try to change over before the old one is totally empty but all to often i get caught out.
I was thinking of sending my trolley back for a new one(Mr St Ives will know what i'm talking about, among others)  ;D ;D ;D
Anyways.......thoughts please  ;)

Moderator David@stives

Re: Air on trolley system
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 06:55:29 pm »
I know what you mean   ;D

But i dont use a trolley so i will leave it to those that do.

Dave

Pole2pole

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 07:03:15 pm »
I never heard of anythin so daft, but as always,well nearly always ;D, you made perfect sense. Ok, Over to the trolley users...............

WavieDavie

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 07:03:39 pm »
I sometimes try to change over before the old one is totally empty but all to often i get caught out.

You've hit it on the head there, Dino.

Maybe feed more hose into the container so it's not just going straight down - so it curls along the bottom, if that makes sense. But the main thing is to change before you dry up.

Once you've got a "dry" hose into a new container, do you just run the pump or disconnect the hose after the pump until you've sucked the airlock through?
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Pole2pole

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 07:18:02 pm »
I generally whack the varistream into hypermode and blast(waste) the water 'til the air has been pumped out. Keeping it at 11-12 o'clock just prolongs the agony of waiting for the air to disperse. I'm glad someone else feels my pain every 20 mins too  ;)

WavieDavie

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 07:28:47 pm »
I'm glad someone else feels my pain every 20 mins too

I've had a van setup for a while but thought I'd share. It used to happen a lot!

There's been times I've not had much left in the tank and have parked left-side "down" in the gutter doing shopfront washdowns. As my feed from the tank is on the right hand side I've ran dry once or twice   :'(
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

matt

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 07:40:42 pm »
its easy enough

if you have hozelock connection comming oit of the pump box (or off the pump)

remove the hose, then just put your hand over the outlet, this will force all the air to your hand, then remove your hand, then you only have that bit to pump out, not pockets of it

it works 95 % of the time

Pole2pole

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 08:47:19 pm »
I'll give that a whirl Monday Matt. I recently adapted my inlet on the pump to a hozelock connection, so i reckon i can do the same on the way out too. Thanx for that Matt and glad you're on the mend.

Dino

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 08:48:57 pm »
or suck up the hose pipe that works as well.

Its True ive done it ,works everytime.

matt

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 12:08:05 am »
I'll give that a whirl Monday Matt. I recently adapted my inlet on the pump to a hozelock connection, so i reckon i can do the same on the way out too. Thanx for that Matt and glad you're on the mend.

Dino

your welcome, and Im on the mend, so cheers ;)

dai

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 05:42:59 pm »
As Matt says, just disconnect the pipe after the pump, I don't even put my hand over the end.
 I picked up some stainless steel tubes at a car boot sale. These tubes were used in a beer cellar and fitted into the barrels. They have strainers on the ends so I don't have to use the in-line filter, they also push fit nicely on a standard garden hose.  These tubes go right to the bottom of the containers. I found I had a lot less problems with airlocks when I removed the filter. Dai

craig jwc

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 11:50:52 pm »
I usually find lowering the brush head to the ground works