Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davids3511

Help with pricing please
« on: May 22, 2014, 09:13:02 pm »

It's the top 3 panels x 17 rows. They are about 1.2m square. The wall gets closer to the glass and has only about a 6 inch gap between the glass and the wall for the bottom 1.5 foot of 13 rows (if that makes sense).

I am thinking either a scissor lift or a scaffold tower to get above the wall so I can get the last 1.5 foot of the panels done. It was to be very early morning, preferably a Sunday as foot traffic is very high.

I have no idea where to go with pricing. He said once I'm competitive, the jobs mine.

PoleKing

Re: Help with pricing please
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 09:21:11 pm »
Scissor lift seems excessive to me.
Can't you stand on the bit between the wall and the glass?
Pole what you can.
Hop up, blade the rest.
If someone else thinks a lift is needed and prices it in, you'll undoubtedly be more competitive.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

davids3511

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 09:27:59 pm »
Scissor lift seems excessive to me.
Can't you stand on the bit between the wall and the glass?
Pole what you can.
Hop up, blade the rest.
If someone else thinks a lift is needed and prices it in, you'll undoubtedly be more competitive.
I don't think the lift is necessary but he told me h&s is extreme. No ladders, no standing on ledges. That's why I was thinking scaffold tower. Its far far cheaper, safe but still gets me up there.

PoleKing

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 09:36:07 pm »
Looking again, I bet you could pole them all with a 24' gooseneck and a 30' pole.
But yeah, tower would certainly be cheaper.

davids3511

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »
Looking again, I bet you could pole them all with a 24' gooseneck and a 30' pole.
You could do 90%. You couldn't the last foot of so behind the wall. What would you charge, 5.30 sunday morning start? With the scaffold and the poles in such a public area, 2 men are needed. Obviously it will be coned off.

PoleKing

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 09:51:47 pm »
You could do 90%. You couldn't the last foot of so behind the wall. What would you charge, 5.30 sunday morning start? With the scaffold and the poles in such a public area, 2 men are needed. Obviously it will be coned off.

I'm trying not to talk prices online bud.
To get me, and the lad, out  on a Sunday morning would warrant at least half a days money each, just to turn up.
Then double normal hourly rate.
Add in tower hire.

But I've said before, it all depends on where your business is at.
If you're still building, go in lower to get it, then build on the relationship.
If you're flat out and struggling to get work in then think of a price and triple it.
I don't know your circumstances.
I'd be interested to hear the outcome, if you'd like to share though.

davids3511

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 12:20:50 am »
Had another look today, those windows are actually 2m square x 17 columns x 3 rows so just over 200 sq metres.