Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

duncan h

new slx 25
« on: May 12, 2014, 05:40:35 pm »
My new Gardiner SLX 25 arrived today. Well packed. Free hat and pen :) Nice and shiny....well, it was until extended it on my own house. It marks so easy. didnt realise the lengths were mide up of loads of sections. Quite sharp are some sections. Feels so light until trying to do a window above conservatory. Clamps swivel easy. Ill get used to it.  :)

8weekly

Re: new slx 25
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 05:49:31 pm »
But apart from that............

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 06:01:19 pm »
My new Gardiner SLX 25 arrived today. Well packed. Free hat and pen :) Nice and shiny....well, it was until extended it on my own house. It marks so easy. didnt realise the lengths were mide up of loads of sections. Quite sharp are some sections. Feels so light until trying to do a window above conservatory. Clamps swivel easy. Ill get used to it.  :)

Hi Duncan

This all sounds quite strange!  Not quite sure what you mean by the lengths being made up of loads of sections.  Could you email me a photo of what is 'quite sharp' as I am puzzled - alex@agardiner.co.uk 

If the clamps are swiveling (I presume when open) then the adjuster bolt needs tightening.

duncan h

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 06:02:19 pm »

Hi Duncan

This all sounds quite strange!  Not quite sure what you mean by the lengths being made up of loads of sections.  Could you email me a photo of what is 'quite sharp' as I am puzzled - alex@agardiner.co.uk 

If the clamps are swiveling (I presume when open) then the adjuster bolt needs tightening.
I will Alex.

duncan h

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 06:36:22 pm »

Hi Duncan

Sorry Alex it would let me email this vid. Here is a clip of me running my nail up a section. I sent a picture to you. Let me know when you have watched it, so I can remove it from server
http://youtu.be/4WDF_SJqvcU

H20cleaning

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 06:45:42 pm »
Thats how every pole is? If it was share the sections would struggle to be extended?  The carbon will be smoothed off so sections glide freely.

duncan h

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 06:53:04 pm »
Thats how every pole is? If it was share the sections would struggle to be extended?  The carbon will be smoothed off so sections glide freely.
"IF IT WAS SHARE" ?

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 06:54:00 pm »
Cut ya nails Dunc  :)
You can't polish a turd

H20cleaning

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 06:57:30 pm »
"IF IT WAS SHARE" ?
Sharp**

SeanK

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 07:01:50 pm »
Duncan that's the way both the CLX and SLX poles are so nothing to worry
about.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 07:14:07 pm »
Hi Duncan

As has been said this is the slight ridges on the pole surface and is part of standard construction. They are not damaging in anyway. They are caused by the shrink wrap being wrapped around the outside of the section before the carbon is cured - then the wrap is taken off and the epoxy matrix material leaves these very slight ridges.

ben M

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 07:29:40 pm »
Cut ya nails Dunc  :)
or eat them like me  ;D

8weekly

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 07:33:01 pm »

ben M

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 07:41:18 pm »

duncan h

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 08:04:58 pm »
Hi Duncan

As has been said this is the slight ridges on the pole surface and is part of standard construction. They are not damaging in anyway. They are caused by the shrink wrap being wrapped around the outside of the section before the carbon is cured - then the wrap is taken off and the epoxy matrix material leaves these very slight ridges.

Thanks Alex. Didn't think you would let a damaged one out. Just odd how some sections were rough and others not

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 08:15:45 pm »
Hi Duncan

Thanks Alex. Didn't think you would let a damaged one out. Just odd how some sections were rough and others not

There can be small variations in the depth of these ridges.