Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Deep Cleaning Solutions

Phone Call Today .....
« on: July 10, 2014, 11:01:22 am »
Q- ..... " You wash carpets? "

A- Yes we are carpet cleaners!

Q- ..... " How much wash carpets. "

A- How many carpets do you want cleaning.

Q- ..... " 3 carpets washed, very small, just around the furniture, no moving beds, quick wash, no dirty "

A- We have a special offer on for 3 carpets at the moment and i gave him the price.

Q- ..... " Ohh too much "

Now I knew he was going to phone around and would end up calling me back as we are the only ones offering this offer at the moment as far as I can see and yes he phoned back.

Q- ..... " Yes you wash carpets, I've decided! "

A- Ok I will look in the diary. We are booked up for 3 weeks and the next available day is Monday the 4th of August.

Q- ..... " NO NO YOU MUST WASH TODAY "

Ha ha. It would be funny if this was not a one off, it's like groundhog day!  ;D
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

wayne zabel

Re: Phone Call Today .....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:34:21 am »
I did a job for those who want their carpets washed (you know who I mean) on Tuesday.Small lounge and a dining room.

Went to price up last week and was told that its "just around" the furniture with only the dining table to be moved.

I quoted a price (knowing that they will try things on when doing the job)

I quoted a price and was told they only wanted to pay £20 a room.

I stuck to my price and booked the job.

Went on Tuesday and lo and behold we had 2 empty rooms ;D ;D

As I said I'd expected this and quoted accordingly.She even wanted me to clean her mats if I had any "of that stuff left at the end"

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 11:58:03 am »
I am making up a quote and invoice sheet just for people who like their carpets washed!  ;D

The quote sheet will mention what the job is for ie rugs, runners, extra rooms, neighbours rooms ect will be extra and get them to sign it to say they are happy with the price and t&c.

They will also sign the invoice and t&c to say they are happy with the price/work ect.

Probably won't make a difference but it may at least get them to be honest at the start of the job when they read it!
David.

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 04:36:36 pm »
You could also do a quote and invoice sheet for people who like their carpets shampooed  :)

I have dealt with a lady for many years at an estate agents and she always says " can you shampoo the carpets at such an address".

I've also been to do her own house several times and she knows it's not shampooing, but that's what she calls it.  ;D

n.s.mcdonald

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 05:27:56 pm »
I have for many years shampoo cleaned commercial carpets with a cimex and formula 161

bennymon

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 05:41:43 pm »
If he phoned me he wouldn't have called back on google round here there are loads of company's that would do a 3 bed house for £79 .

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 06:30:24 pm »
"If he phoned me he wouldn't have called back on google round here there are loads of company's that would do a 3 bed house for £79"

I know a few carpet cleaners dotted around the country in big cities who all say the same. That their are loads of East Europeans who will do a full hose for that kind of money or less and I know one guy who's quit because of it. Who can blame them I suppose when you compare it to what they used to earn in their original homeland. Has not happened in my area so much yet though.
David.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 06:44:33 pm »
Even the Eastern Europeans won't come round my neck of the woods they say they're not working for nothing!

I went to a home to clean some carpets a few weeks ago and they'd had a cheap cc at Xmas and because of ill education from cleaner and customer the cleaner an Eastern European cleaner had shrunk the carpets fortunately they had the good sense to have a carpet fitter to stretch them back up, they didn't look as though they had ever been cleaned and in not a very well used home.

Shaun