Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

frankwii

Re: long standing customers....... price rises
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 08:01:37 pm »
ive put at least 30 customers up this week by 30% , instruction from bussiness consultant - in  his own words you have to look at quality vs quantity  - and i have no one cancel .
you have to look at it this way  - gas  , electric and petrol ahve all gone up - ---- we pay it with no questions , so does window cleaning and expenses and its other attributes. if they dont pay , tough , you will probaly acquire a new custimer on your new price range,
good ;uck

windowswashed

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 08:11:31 pm »
If they're too cheap and you resent doing them compared to better paying work and you're busy with work then it's worth increasing the prices on your lowest priced work and if you lose some then 'that's life'., better than cleaning at old prices and resenting having to clean them when you could be cleaning higher priced work.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2014, 07:57:40 am »
another day of price rises!only another week and a half to go!! ;D

ive not lost any others yet although ive got a feeling i might lose 1 or 2 today.i dont care anymore!

ive lost 2 up to now.
price higher/work harder!

C o z y

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 08:12:35 am »
their the ones crying over a quid price rise kempy! ;D

just having a moan! ;D

even im allowed to on occasions! ;D

Pay no attention to the luddite "can't put prices up/not round our way/no sirree" neggy boys. If you put up 100 x a £1 and lose 1 x £10, who's the mug? Not you.

I wouldn't waste my breath on anyone that "times me", begrudges me an extra £1, and tells me some traddy muppet will do them for 20p less.

You seem to have a real neggy attitude to trad Malc. You might want to avoid being seen as a prat by checking what you've typed before posting on the board. Infer I'm a muppet again.........
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Jonny 87

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 10:12:15 am »

just having a moan! ;D

Pay no attention to the luddite "can't put prices up/not round our way/no sirree" neggy boys. If you put up 100 x a £1 and lose 1 x £10, who's the mug? Not you.

I wouldn't waste my breath on anyone that "times me", begrudges me an extra £1, and tells me some traddy muppet will do them for 20p less.

You seem to have a real neggy attitude to trad Malc. You might want to avoid being seen as a prat by checking what you've typed before posting on the board. Infer I'm a muppet again.........

What a muppet you are cozy.

:D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

C o z y

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 11:50:38 am »
 ;D Sometimes mate, but not because I'm trad. We're cleaners, as was said on another thread. How can there be snobs among cleaners? Same on the carpet section here. Truckmounts Vs Portables  ::)roll
You couldn't make it up  ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

PoleKing

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 05:48:52 pm »

just having a moan! ;D

I didn't take his post as offensive to tradders cozy.
Certainly round my way tradders seem to charge less, and go in multiples if £.50 (though not 20p-think he's being facetious)
There's nothing wrong with charging less.
Or even making less money.
Top line is unimportant, it's what's left that counts.
And how much one needs.
The 'muppet' bit-just made me think the guy had been undercut by a tradder, rather than calling all tradders muppets.
All the best.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 06:21:14 pm »
no cancellations.only worked 9am-1pm but all customers i seen excepted no problems.happy days.more money for new van and tank! ;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2014, 06:22:02 pm »
3 windies in our house
1 tradder and 2 polers
We are all happy and earning.
What's the problem?

James Bulton

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2014, 08:40:49 pm »
Traders  should be cheaper  as they have  invested a lot less in there business and if they were prepared to save up they would probably be WF  Poler.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Johnny B

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2014, 05:10:30 pm »
I have asked on here numerous times how much is needed to invest in and maintain a wfp system, and never once have I had a straight answer, despite all the knowledge vaunted on here.

I am trad, always have been, and always will be. I don't make the sort of fortunes alluded to on here, neither do I need to. I live and work within my means and capabilities, and if I charge less than some, it's because I am content with my lot and don't want to rip people off. And yes, I pay my taxes and don't claim any benefits.

Back on topic, I am not increasing my prices this year. My customers are struggling as it is.

Best wishes to you all,
Kermit.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Ian101

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2014, 05:19:48 pm »
I have asked on here numerous times how much is needed to invest in and maintain a wfp system, and never once have I had a straight answer, despite all the knowledge vaunted on here.

£600 to £1000 DIY set up inc poles ... cheaper to buy used parts ... plus a way to purify so depends on your TDS

Best wishes to you all,
Kermit.

Johnny B

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2014, 05:28:29 pm »

£600 to £1000 DIY set up inc poles ... cheaper to buy used parts ... plus a way to purify so depends on your TDS

Thank you Ian. You're the first.  :)

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2014, 06:50:56 pm »
the insinuation that im "ripping people off" because im putting customers prices up is wrong.if the customers dont wanna pay my prices they cancel( ive lost 2 customers).replaced today with a new £30 2 monthly job(walk up).

i spent many years in fear of raising prices in case shedloads of customers cancelled on me.they didnt.BUT some customers dont want you to put up prices and would happily see you work for next to nothing forever.

as for wfp expenses over the course of a year id say  3 or 4 grand a year every year.i do use the best poles out there though and hot water in winter/for add ons.

after a few years WFP if you earn an extra £15,000 A YEAR then your £11-£12,000 up on earnings AFTER WFP expenses PER YEAR.thats working shorter hours,safer and generally being able to work in most types of bad weather.i do a much better job of the windows too than when i was 100% trad.

regards

dazmond

Mike #1

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2014, 07:09:47 pm »
I am the same as you daz and and other lads on here , I believe in providing a service that is reflected in the price my regular customers have their window glass frames and sills along with the doors cleaned thoroughly each clean .

You dont get to be a successful windy with a business built on reputation and quality of service by been crap and charging cheap prices  :P :P :P :P . Mike

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2014, 08:59:05 am »
would you still clean windows if you won the lottery?

......exactly.......its all about the money!! ;D ;D