Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

blacksheep

ceramic floor tiles
« on: March 21, 2006, 11:27:30 am »
ceramic floor tiles in toilets are the pits , have been neglated for years by the look of them .I would normally use brillo degreaser and machine scrub, the degreaser is not going to get it clean and no room for machine, area to small, i was thinking of using stripper , any thoughts or help would be apperached regards blacksheep

*Chris Browne

Re: ceramic floor tiles
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 11:51:25 am »
Hi blacksheep!

Are they glazed or unglazed? you mustn't use any abrasives on glazed ceramic tiles, your best bet is to buy a good ceramic floor restorer :)

chris

blacksheep

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 01:16:14 pm »
a bit of both chris, very black around edges from dirty mops, oil , grease thats why i thought stripping the floor, after that could i use the ceramic floor restorer?.i have looked through the search , last year a guy asked a semiler Q but cant find it now it was toilets on a factory floor, nothing for factory floor only toilet floors but not what i was looking for

Timmy Boy

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 05:27:14 pm »
Blacksheep
I have found a good acid cleaner works (somthing phospheric based)
Regards
Tim

blacksheep

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 09:37:31 pm »
thanks timmy boy saw the word phospheric on a chemical in the janitorial  catalogue, i will order it a give it a go . ta

StoneCare Surrey

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 08:44:03 pm »
check out this site for products used to clean ceramic floors tiles in the tiling world
http://www.lithofin.de/frames.asp?page=produkte_keramik