Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

muck boots
« on: December 21, 2013, 01:01:06 pm »
http://www.buymuckbootsonline.co.uk/shop/4579019394/Muck-Boot-Chore-2K-Moss/6564930ght hi  all might spend some of my xmas tips on a pair of muck boots who has em?

And which ones are best for wfp windie using the ladder to get over gates?

Seen these sorry link pasted at top.
Thanks lee.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Jim Waugh(Albright & Shiny)

Re: muck boots
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 01:15:58 pm »

Carl2009

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 01:16:53 pm »
You'll find these high ones too hot for window cleaning in general. I had a pair of muckboots last year - "Lune" ankle height ones  - and they were great, even if they make your feet a bit sweaty. They don't do Lunes anymore, so I moved to Grubs - Midline. Just as good as Muckboots and significantly cheaper.

Flash..

lee_dewing

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 06:16:19 pm »
Thanks guys.

simon w

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 09:12:35 pm »
To be honest mate they wouldn't be my first choice for window cleaning with "fit for purpose" I've been cleaning windows for over 15 years and have covered all access methods such as ladder, wfp, rope access, cherry picker and standard squeegee/applicator extension pole (ground floor work etc.

footwear wise I will wear light weight Gore-Tex shoes for 99% of my work and on the occasions were cleaning blocks of flats on socking wet grass I'll wear horse ridding muck boats which keep my feet fully dry.

Our foot wear and clothing does have to change from day to day to suit the work we are doing, certain accounts require very clean and appropriate uniform over everyday work wear

gary999

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 09:16:09 pm »
muckboots,grubs they are all good..i personally wear fishing
boots all year round never have any probs

Carl2009

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 10:24:57 pm »
To be honest mate they wouldn't be my first choice for window cleaning with "fit for purpose" I've been cleaning windows for over 15 years and have covered all access methods such as ladder, wfp, rope access, cherry picker and standard squeegee/applicator extension pole (ground floor work etc.

footwear wise I will wear light weight Gore-Tex shoes for 99% of my work and on the occasions were cleaning blocks of flats on socking wet grass I'll wear horse ridding muck boats which keep my feet fully dry.

Our foot wear and clothing does have to change from day to day to suit the work we are doing, certain accounts require very clean and appropriate uniform over everyday work wear

It's a good point. I have less than 1% ladder work and Grubs wouldn't be my first choice for that.

Lee GLS

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 10:33:35 pm »
Get yourself some rigger boots. I got some Stanley riggers from screw fix for £40. Apart from wellies, they are the first waterproof foot ware that I have worn whilst working, they are pretty warm too.

8weekly

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 06:16:35 am »
Get yourself some rigger boots. I got some Stanley riggers from screw fix for £40. Apart from wellies, they are the first waterproof foot ware that I have worn whilst working, they are pretty warm too.
Yep, very happy with mine so far. I put an extra insole in though, but I like them. They are comfortable, dry and easy to get on and off. Mind you, I wouldn't want to go on a 10 mile hike in them, but that is not what they are designed for.

lee_dewing

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 07:26:30 pm »
Thanks for that lee.

Lee.