Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom-01

Re: What other types of cleaning work would you add to your current business?
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 12:14:32 am »
Hi all, i am considering branching out into other types of cleaning work in the new year. At the moment i am just doing windows, and gutter cleans and pvc cleans. I am considering going after builders cleans or even domestic cleaning ( with staff) is any of this other work as profitable as window cleaning? Or should i just strictly focus on building up more window cleaning work?

I look forward to comments from the more experienced guys on here :)  cheers

A few years ago I had a few window cleaning customers and then tried doing internal cleaning, hoovering etc. not as profitable as windows and hard work with all the staff, being let down etc. Saying that some people obviously make it work.

I then set my mind on window cleaning with added services of gutter cleaning and pressure washing and it's been unbelievable. Do what you can with the money you have but get the best gear as soon as you can, it will save time on each job and do a much better clean - thus meaning you can charge more.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 07:19:53 pm »
For any guys looking to add on new cleaning services, can I suggest providing a detailing service to clients especially to any retailers or showrooms, many of you are probably cleaning the windows inside and outside while many retailers will pay good money to have their other interior surfaces cleaned to a high standard, these surfaces include mirrors,glass display cabinets,lighting and chandelier surfaces,marble and granite display shelves and countertops,chrome,crystal,stainless steel,high gloss point of sale surfaces,etc. We have developed our new high performance detailing kit to solve the many problems retailers are having in trying to achieve a streak free finish on the above mentioned surfaces, many traditional cleaning products like Glass and mirror cleaners,furniture polish,stainless steel polish,etc will just leave behind streaks,smears, and residues on these surfaces, our High Performance Detailing kit will solve these problems as when it is used to clean,shine,and protect any of the above mentioned surfaces, you are guaranteed a 100% streak,smear,residue,and lint free finish. You just need to offer a 5 minute demonstration and when they see the results guaranteed they will be blown away making it easy for you to develop new business in offer your Detailing service, I am so confident that there is nothing else available on the market today that will achieve these types of results on high end surfaces, I will send a sample Detailing Kit to the first person who sends us an email with their shipping address, then try it out and be kind enough to give feedback on their findings.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 08:27:05 pm »
Hi Guys, thank you for the requests, Tom Hiscock from Berkshire was first in and I will have it sent out to you Tom first week in January.   Regards   Tadgh

oliver collins

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 11:49:50 pm »
Hi
I have been window cleaning for about 15years wfp for 11 years of that time,started carpet cleaning about 6 years ago and never looked back

Both cleaning services seem to run well together it's nice to have a definite income not quite as well paid,but its money on the day so it helps with cash flow !

And I hope to keep building that side of the business until I retire !

Oliver Collins rise n shine cleaning