Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H20cleaning

basically i have had nothing but trouble with the service since having the broadband and phone line installed 3 months ago.
I was told they would price match sky at £21.00 a month for 12 months no rises.
I don't need the phone line so i had a barring put on out going calls
in month 2 my bill came through £3.00 more and when i phone to ask why they said '' call barring costs £2.99 a month) :o :o  how can they charge for something im not even using???

month 3 my bill came through at £4.79 more than agreed, so again i phoned up asking why? and she said '' you have out going calls barred which is £2.99 a month and £1.79 for a paper bill''

EXTREMELY FED up i ended the call and left it at that, baring in mind since having virgin installed i have had nothing but trouble with internet reception and all i seem to get is '' unplug everything and restart it''

Finally month 3 came through the same as the previous month £4.79 over the price agreed, with a letter attached saying '' as of 2014 your price will increase by £3.00 a month''
my price started at £21.00 and by 2014 (4 months after i started the contract) my new bill will be £27.79 a month!!!!!! ???

Mitchellmoxo

dannymack

Adam I went with Virgin as my son wanted faster Internet which sky didn't do at the time. Bloody hate it, it's more complicated than Sky so soon as my contract ends I'm going back with Sky the tv is much easier. Virgin tv you have to go all round the block with it, stick with sky. To be honest my bill isn't that much cheaper I thought it would have been alot cheaper but noooooooo load of rubbish. Cost me £5 I think it was for Spider-Man film in 3D only stays on for couple days then goes what a rip off, should stay there until I delete as I paid for it bloody cheek pmsl 😬

♠Winp®oClean♠

They're all the same mate, think yourself lucky you're not with BT!!!

We use Vonage VOIP service now for all our home & business phones, all done via broadband connection. £6 a month for unlimited UK landline calls + all the extras you can name are thrown in free of charge & NO line rental. In-fact, you can now have two smartphones linked to the same account to also use within your call plan for free!! They even email all your voicemails to any email addresses you state in both text format + audio! how cool is that!

Our broadband is via radio wireless system so we require no landline or cable for it to be provided to us. So £6 a month is all we pay for unlimited phone calls, even the voice clarity is superior to a landline.

You can also port your existing number to it.

www.vonage.co.uk

H20cleaning

Dannymack if you receive a letter stating your priceplan will go up £3.00 as of the new year you are legally aloud to cancel free of charge i was told on the phone!!

Pete Thompson

I'm fascinated by this.

Our broadband is via radio wireless system

is this code for "nicking next-door's wifi"?!

Sky is the best broadband/TV provider by far IMO.  I was determined I would never ever pay a subscription for TV.  I just never cared about TV enough to pay monthly for it, and hated the idea of it.

So when I moved house, I asked BT how much for the most basic telephone package with broadband.  It was about £35 a month plus they wanted £180 for installation!

I asked Sky, they said cheapest way of doing it would be phone+broadband+TV at £22.50 a month.  Free installation if you get the movie channels for 1 month at a cost of £8.99.

Virgin were ridiculously expensive and I'd heard their customer service is rubbish.

So even though I don't like rupert murdoch, I have to say nobody can beat Sky at the mo.  Service has been great, and everything has just worked perfectly.

I got fed up with being ripped off as well so I moved, now I can help others.

If you want a better service give me a call or have a look at this www.askstuarthow.co.uk

if you want the business page its www.askstuarthow.biz

♠Winp®oClean♠

I'm fascinated by this.

[/color]
Sky is the best broadband/TV provider by far IMO.  I was determined I would never ever pay a subscription for TV.  I just never cared about TV enough to pay monthly for it, and hated the idea of it.

So when I moved house, I asked BT how much for the most basic telephone package with broadband.  It was about £35 a month plus they wanted £180 for installation!

I asked Sky, they said cheapest way of doing it would be phone+broadband+TV at £22.50 a month.  Free installation if you get the movie channels for 1 month at a cost of £8.99.

Virgin were ridiculously expensive and I'd heard their customer service is rubbish.

So even though I don't like rupert murdoch, I have to say nobody can beat Sky at the mo.  Service has been great, and everything has just worked perfectly.

No ;D It's how they provide fast broadband to rural areas where the telephone exchanges are so dated they don't have the capacity to provide anything other than half of one Meg!

A series of transmitters & receivers are used from the nearest fast exchange to provide a wireless radio signal. We have little receivers on our homes which are then connected to an internal router. ;)

H20cleaning

I think they lie about there internet speeds
Aswell, im on the 30mb speed and its slower than our last one that was 10mb.
Im fed up so i have a full A4 complaints letter heading to their main office suggesting if something isnt sorted soon i will forward it to all the horrible companys that make examples of situations like this!

We couldnt justify increasing every customers price every year by £3.00 how the hell can they

Barry W

Been with them 3 years and fantastic.

dannymack

Cheers Adam, nice one Pete 😏

C o z y

I'm fascinated by this.

[/color]

No ;D It's how they provide fast broadband to rural areas where the telephone exchanges are so dated they don't have the capacity to provide anything other than half of one Meg!

A series of transmitters & receivers are used from the nearest fast exchange to provide a wireless radio signal. We have little receivers on our homes which are then connected to an internal router. ;)

Because of new EU laws, we'll be getting service from UK providers too. Can't wait, as UK is years ahead of ze Gurmuns in this area.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Pete Thompson

I got fed up with being ripped off as well so I moved, now I can help others.

If you want a better service give me a call or have a look at this www.askstuarthow.co.uk

if you want the business page its www.askstuarthow.biz

Looks like a pyramid scheme

Spruce

basically i have had nothing but trouble with the service since having the broadband and phone line installed 3 months ago.
I was told they would price match sky at £21.00 a month for 12 months no rises.
I don't need the phone line so i had a barring put on out going calls
in month 2 my bill came through £3.00 more and when i phone to ask why they said '' call barring costs £2.99 a month) :o :o  how can they charge for something im not even using???

month 3 my bill came through at £4.79 more than agreed, so again i phoned up asking why? and she said '' you have out going calls barred which is £2.99 a month and £1.79 for a paper bill''

EXTREMELY FED up i ended the call and left it at that, baring in mind since having virgin installed i have had nothing but trouble with internet reception and all i seem to get is '' unplug everything and restart it''

Finally month 3 came through the same as the previous month £4.79 over the price agreed, with a letter attached saying '' as of 2014 your price will increase by £3.00 a month''
my price started at £21.00 and by 2014 (4 months after i started the contract) my new bill will be £27.79 a month!!!!!! ???

We had issues with reception on our Wifi. Dave Willis put up a post that when he changed the wifi broadcast channel to another the problem was solved.

All virgin media routers come out with a standard channel setting (6 I think it was) so if you have a self installed router, it could be that your neighbour is using the same channel.

You can down load a freeware channel checker (inSSIDer works for me) and you get a picture of what is being broadcaster on what channel that maybe interferring with your router. Accessing the menu of your router (do an internet search on how to do this with your model) will enable you to alter it to a different channel.

YouTube has a video on it.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

[GQC] Tim

Never had a problem with them, I've only got 20Mb Fibre here, but it's been rock solid for many years and never once had a problem with their service. Still the fastest, most stable network.

Spruce

Never had a problem with them, I've only got 20Mb Fibre here, but it's been rock solid for many years and never once had a problem with their service. Still the fastest, most stable network.

I agree with Tim, but this increase for next february is a bit of an irritant, but they have taken a leaf out of the utilities book. Someone needs to pay for the replacement island home.

Talk Talk seems to be having a great marketing drive at the moment.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

H20cleaning

Honestly lads i dunno how you can not of had problems?
My mum and dad had virgin for 2 years and got fed up so had it taken put.
I cant remember the last time we had fast internet either and 30mb is suppose to be one of the fastest(except the 60gb) virgin also do.

Its not asif i live rural or anything either.
Having said that EE on my tmobile is always crap aswell and thats linked to virgin isnt it?

tompoole

We have fibre optic infinity , think its a con as fibre optic cable
Runs only to the exchange in street , the wire that brings it the
Rest of the way is a normal telephone wire. So how can it be faster?
Have asked bt but no response to date.

Frankybadboy

been with virgin for over 10 years and never had a problem that not been sorted

broad band we had problem with router,phoned up next day new super hub fitted for us.

[GQC] Tim

Honestly lads i dunno how you can not of had problems?
My mum and dad had virgin for 2 years and got fed up so had it taken put.
I cant remember the last time we had fast internet either and 30mb is suppose to be one of the fastest(except the 60gb) virgin also do.

Its not asif i live rural or anything either.
Having said that EE on my tmobile is always crap aswell and thats linked to virgin isnt it?

Nope, nothing to do with Virgin, Orange/T-Mobile/EE all the same I believe.