Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clever Forum Name

Re: UK WINDOW CLEANING
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 07:58:29 am »
I had UK Window Clean canvass a whole estate I work on.

At first I was a bit worried about losing customers, then I found out how much they were quoting & within a few weeks I had a sudden influx of work from walk-ups & recommendations.

Their canvassers were doing the hard work of explaining & selling the WFP method but not at the price they were hoping for...

They can canvass my "patch" again if they like!  ;)

Not just us then, we had this about 3 years ago. A local company canvassed the whole village. The prices were silly. They were at least half the price of us. On a house we lost (only the one) We was £18.50, they went in at £7.50. I spoke to the cleaner and asked him how long it takes and he said nearly an hour! Used to take me about 30 mins or less. Wfp vs trad, high house and awkward windows.

For around 2 months we had " Been meaning to call you and just got reminded" I even sent an email thanking the WC Company,

DG Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 10:55:01 am »

DG Cleaning,

My opinion relating to the original post was that is how i was brought up learning window cleaning, and i keep to the same way of thinking as David Lyddon.

I also totally agree, yes there are a lot more window cleaners now than years ago with numbers around the north west going up and up as more and more people see the potential earnings and that ladders do not have to be used, eliminating the need to work at height which some would be scared of.

Window cleaners have been looked upon for years as people looking for beer money, signing on, generally bottom of the pile, who people look down at.

How wrong are they ? Window cleaning can be a very lucrative business which some members of the public resent, as we should not be earning more than them.

I have experienced first hand on this forum, how desperate some people are where work is related, desperate to back stab others, people i would NEVER EVER trust at all as they seem to have no morals at all.

I always say treat people how you want to be treated, as you never know when others can offer help when you need it.

So i was basically saying, because David Lyddon was similar to me, i would trust him more than a lot of others on here and if i needed help with any of my work, i would certainly be more confident with him near my work.

Perhaps you're right but I don't see canvassing as underhanded in any way.
In most cases its the only way to increase work.
I've never canvassed but if I did and the potential customer said they had a windie I would move on to the next house.
I wouldn't try to take work or undercut in anyway.
I don't see how this should be a problem for anyone.
No one owns a street, as far as I know there are at least 4 or 5 of us working my area there could be more but I haven't dropped on them so I've no way of knowing who does what.

Pro-Poler

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 11:15:22 am »
I guess if rounds were selling for 2 and 3 times value then more would buy I rekon however my last batch I sold for 8 times so kettle and pot and all that
8 years and I'm out of this game,
going like the taxi game, to many at it and a lot
are clueless. The end is nigh.don't say you
wernt warned.
This is correct window cleaning will become cut throat, the  good old  days are finished but some can't see it 

Crystal-clear

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 12:48:24 pm »
Haha paint an X I love it :D

So who are uk window cleaning another canvassing team?