Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ray mck

cancel
« on: October 19, 2013, 09:11:50 am »
i've had 3 houses cancel this week , they all said we will phone you next year. is it a weather thing or time of year.any body else getting this? ???

Total shine cleaning services

Re: cancel
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 09:27:08 am »
yes, but makes us more determined to canvass and replace, we do try and keep them by offering longer frequencies.

Graham

windowswashed

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 09:28:25 am »
Time of year, people saving for xmas. Also after xmas get the same thing, people skint and weather crap and people got the winter blues

elite mike

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 09:49:02 am »
they would be history here  ::)roll

H20cleaning

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 10:17:14 am »
Not had any so far! But usually get one or 2 and they have the cheek to say " we will ring you im the spring" i just laugh and say " dont bother we clean 12 times a year or not at all" usually they stay on board

home6442

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 10:21:45 am »
Ray, if you need the work then put up with it but dump when better customers come along.
We have all been there its part of building a solid round.

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 10:54:28 am »
We offer little Winter Offers to keep customers along hard times

Winter/Summer/Spring/Autumn Window Refresh for £2 basically involves quick soak and wipe of water and £2 we had loads of new customers this way and then we Upsell them onto Window Cleaning, UPVC cleaning, Gutter Cleaning, Patio/Driveway cleaning, Hardwood/Carpet/Upholstery Cleaning and which a £2 becomes a £22!

In my area I been getting more requests for 'Can you fit xmas lights to the top of my house'    I have said 'No, I am not a electrician'   but reason I say that is you may need to become more diverse to keep going in time when people cancel there window clean.

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 12:16:58 pm »
i've had 3 houses cancel this week , they all said we will phone you next year. is it a weather thing or time of year.any body else getting this? ???

in the early days yes ............. did i go back .......... not on your nellie ......... hence why I dont get it anymore.

i would just tell them call someone else as your slot will have been filled by tomorrow so wont be able to fit you into my schedule next year ... not nastily but firmly with conviction  :)

then canvass / leaflet / ask for referral

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 12:42:16 pm »
i had one customer on friday say "we dont want them cleaned now until the new year" then shut the door before i could  reply! ::)roll

as this house is on very compact estate work ill take him back on in the new year but instead of £9 the new price will be £12 as it was underpriced anyway. ;) ;D
price higher/work harder!

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 12:47:59 pm »
i had one customer on friday say "we dont want them cleaned now until the new year" then shut the door before i could  reply! ::)roll

as this house is on very compact estate work ill take him back on in the new year but instead of £9 the new price will be £12 as it was underpriced anyway. ;) ;D

Make it £15 least you making it better to give change : D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 01:46:29 pm »

That's the spirit.  If an employee leaves and returns they have broken service and lose any rights previously accrued.
So it is with customers.  They break the deal so a new one must be negotiated.  Higher price.

ray mck

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 01:54:11 pm »
its a bit of a bugger trying to build up your round and then this?  :'(